The software engineer salary in North Carolina is $87,186 yearly.
This post provides detailed information on the software engineer salary in North Carolina, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in North Carolina, to help you in making the best decision about working and living in the State.
Please, continue reading:
North Carolina pays its software engineers $87,186 yearly, with bonus of $5,000 attached. It has a 10% lower than and 50% higher than National average, with a 95.6% cost of living condition.
It is amongst the States in the South where salaries for software engineers are relatively high compared to other States within the region.
Software Engineer Salary across North Carolina Cities
The highest paying city for software engineering jobs in North Carolina is Charlotte with $68,635 as yearly salary while Wilmington is the least paying city with $58,106.
The difference in salary between the top and least paying cities is 16%, with a strong indication for salary growth and advancement in this Southern region State of the U.S.
Top 10 Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of North Carolina
The State of North Carolina has some cities where software engineers thrive and make good salary at the end of the month.
The table below lists out the top ten cities in North Carolina where software engineers get high pay.
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills in the State of North Carolina
The list below shows the earning percentage of the top skills needed by software engineers in North Carolina to be able to earn high:
- Scala skilled software engineers in North Carolina earn 24.30%, which translate to $21,186 as add on to salary.
- Os Kernels skilled software engineers in North Carolina earns 17.55%, which is an added on of $15,300 to salary.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in North Carolina earn 17.35%, which gives an add-on of $15,126 to salary yearly.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in North Carolina earn 16.13%, which is an add-on to salary of $14,063 yearly.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in North Carolina earn 11.71%, which is an add-on to salary of $10,209 yearly.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers in North Carolina earn 10.99%, which is $9,581 yearly added to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of North Carolina
The list below shows how software engineers in North Carolina earn according to the number of years of experience on the job:
- Below one year in North Carolina as software engineer earns $86,703 yearly.
- 1-2 years as a North Carolina software engineer earns $89,078 yearly.
- 3-5 years as a North Carolina software engineer earns $90,000 yearly.
- 6-9 years as a North Carolina software engineer earns $101,887 yearly.
- 10 years and above in North Carolina earns $116,728 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of North Carolina
North Carolina has many software companies scattered across the State and they all pay in various degrees.
The table below identifies the top ten paying companies for software engineers in the State of North Carolina:
|Company||Yearly Salary ($)|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of North Carolina
Software engineers in the State of North Carolina get additional benefits aside from their salaries, which is an agreed amount between the engineer and the company they work for.
The list below shows some of the benefits enjoyed by software engineers in the State of North Carolina:
- Gym Membership. North Carolina software engineers are helped in getting enrolled in top gyms around the city they reside in, to help ease the stress of work.
- Health Insurance. Software engineers in North Carolina are given health insurance by the companies they work for. The companies contribute a part to the insurance scheme.
- Vision Insurance. Good vision is important to the North Carolina software engineer. Since they work mostly with computers, their vision needs a constant check. They are helped in getting easy access to top medical treatment concerning their vision.
- Relocation Assistance. Moving from one part of a city to another can be a challenge for the software engineer in North Carolina. Therefore, engineers get assistance from the company they work for in relocating to other cities of the State.
- Stock Options. Stocks are issued to the North Carolina software engineer by the company they work for. These stocks are in the short or long term and dividends are paid on such stocks to the engineer when due.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of North Carolina
Listed below is the earning potential of related job titles to software engineer in the state of North Carolina:
- Backend developer in North Carolina State earns $109,888 yearly.
- Full stack developer in North Carolina earns $100,675 yearly.
- Frontend developer in North Carolina earns $97,908 as yearly salary.
- Application developer in North Carolina earns $ 84,425 as yearly salary.
- Developer in North Carolina earns $59,368 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of North Carolina
A state in the South where salaries for software engineers are okay and cost of living is on the balance.
The salary in North Carolina is $87,186 and cost of living, which is affordable, is 95.6%. This is a good attraction for software engineers.
With the much needed skills, level of education, and years of experience, a software engineer in North Carolina will earn high salary.
North Carolina is ranked 49th for the software engineering job and the job market is not very active.
Its major selling point is its affordability in cost of living.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of North Carolina
If you need to increase your salary as a software engineer in North Carolina, here are useful ideas to apply:
- Relocate. In North Carolina moving from a low paying city to a higher paying one is an option to help in increasing your salary as a software engineer. See the table above for the best paying cities.
- Get a good set of skills. Earning big in North Carolina again depends on the level of skills a software engineer is able to garner under their belt. The highest earners are the ones with the most valuable skills.
- Get a degree. A good educational degree in a relevant field of study is also a big salary boost for the North Carolina software engineer.
- Work for high paying companies. The table above shows the highest paying companies in the state of North Carolina for the software engineering position. To get an increase pay, the engineer in North Carolina is advised to seek employment with any of the high paying companies.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of North Carolina
Software engineers in North Carolina have other career areas they can explore using their skills and work experience.
Here are other career opportunities for software engineers in North Carolina and how much they earn:
- Computer and information research scientist in North Carolina earn $113,000 as yearly salary.
- Computer hardware engineer in North Carolina earns a yearly salary of $108,000.
- Computer network architect earns $106,000 yearly in North Carolina.
- Information security analyst earns $103,000 in North Carolina.
- Statistician engineer in North Carolina earns $96,000 as yearly salary.
North Carolina doesn’t have a very strong active job market; this may partly be due to the fact that the difference in salary between its top paying city and the least paying one is merely 16%.
But with good skills, education, and years of experience, the North Carolina software engineer can make a great career.