Model Job Description Example
What Does a Model Do?
A model is someone who strikes poses for artist and photographers to capture images and moments, and helps manufacturers to showcase their items, such as wears, accessories, and merchandise to the audience.
The job description of models entails helping to increase product sales by promoting a favorable image of their clients’ products.
Fashion models represent the standards of beauty in a particular setting. As a result of this, they make it a priority to maintain good and healthy physique in accordance with industry standards, to enable them fit perfectly into designers’ clothes, and to beautify the products which they are promoting, creating an image of perfection in the minds of the viewers.
The role of models in product promotion has enjoyed a lot of advancement in this century, with their work gaining a lot of appeal from the people, thereby attracting the attention of industry leaders who have come to realize the need to work with them to effectively promote their products.
Industry managers engage the services of models as brand ambassadors of their products, sometimes in a mouth watering contract, depending on the model’s profile, providing a luxury lifestyle for them in the course of their contracts.
In the fashion industry, a good model is every designer’s delight. And that’s because they help to “rock” designers’ outfits flawlessly during fashion shows, photo-shoots, and commercials.
They are often the face of designers’ products as they are the ones the people see demonstrating with the products.
To prevent harm to the designer’s image, the model must be of good conduct and avoid negative publicity at all times.
Participating in advertising campaigns is another function of a model.
Beyond maintaining good-looks, models should also have passable acting skills to be able to interpret adverting campaign messages convincingly.
They work with agencies in a management deal to get good modeling jobs and contracts regularly. However, to be in good relationship with agencies, models must obey agency rules and regulations without breaching any, as a default could terminate their contract.
Model Job Description Example, Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities
A model is expected to perform several duties, tasks, and responsibilities depending on the industry they are working in.
Here is a job description example for a model in the fashion industry, which happens to provide the biggest opportunity for models.
- Maintain good composure and grooming in carrying oneself and dealing with designers and agencies without causing trouble, to make the job move smoothly
- Showcase designers’ wears on runways, prints, online, and television commercials
- Model designers’ accessories and beauty products, including handbags, shoes, jewelry, perfume, and cosmetics
- Maintain high level of professionalism in executing modeling jobs by abiding by industry rules and regulations and following due process to get things done
- Pose for artists to make sketches and paintings according to the job needs
- Exercise regularly to maintain good physique in line with acceptable standards in the industry. Maintaining good physique will also help the model to get good jobs regularly and to have good ratings
- Exhibit professionalism by showing up to jobs and casting calls on time and not keep people waiting, for the job to get done in good time
- Take instructions from casting and production directors on best ways to interpret concepts without unnecessary objections and agitations, for the successful execution of jobs
- Maintain a cordial relationship with makeup artists, hair stylists, photographers, and other team members during production
- Make suggestions and observations in a polite and subtle manner without raising dusts
- Make useful contributions from acquired knowledge and experience on the job during production and campaigns, to make the job better
- Create a portfolio to showcase job expertise
- Research on products being promoted to have good understanding of what they are all about and “own” them convincingly
Model Resume Preparation
In preparing a resume for the job of model, you will need to complete the work experience section with information on the duties and responsibilities of a model.
To write this section, the sample job description presented above can be used as it highlights the functions of the position. See a complete resume for the position here: model resume sample
Requirements: Skills, Tasks, and Responsibilities – for Model Position
Here are important qualities to have to increase your chances of being hired as a model:
- Communication skills for effective interaction with the media, agencies, clients, and fans
- Good human relations to get along with employers, colleagues, photographers, cameramen, and other professionals they work with
- Time management skills: Models need to be able to manage their time effectively to meet up work deadlines
- Must have the ability to work under pressure during production
- Must have good temperament to keep emotions under control
- Models must be able to exercise patience working with other professionals
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.