This post provides detailed information on the Macy’s warehouse associate job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill to be hired for the Macy’s warehouse associate role by most employers/recruiters.
What Does a Macy’s Warehouse Associate Do?
The Macy’s warehouse associate performs various functions within the company’s Distribution Center. His/her job description entails carrying out various receiving, shipping, and inventory control duties.
The associate uses different types of equipment in effective handling of materials.
Warehouse associates are usually trained to be effective in multiple roles, including safety, productivity, quality, and performance.
Their responsibilities include ensuring a clean working environment by assisting in carrying out daily maintenance and housekeeping duties on the warehouse as well as on the various material handling equipment.
The Macy’s warehouse associate also ensures a safe working environment by always adhering to established company rules.
Their work description involves checking for product age to ensure only quality products are stocked; repackaging, and replacing workstations appropriately with the correct supplies.
It also involves all paperwork is handled and completed appropriately and correctly.
Warehouse associates are expected to be able to frequently and safely lift items of up to 50 pounds and to be able to perform functions speedily.
They are also required to carry out various kinds of duties that may be directed by the manager in support of the operation of the warehouse.
Associates must be professional in dressing and appearance always and must adhere to the appropriate safety, food handling, and sanitation standards in performing their duties.
Macy’s Warehouse Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Temple
The warehouse associate at Macy’s performs various tasks, duties, and responsibilities that ensure effective and efficient operation of the company’s Distribution Center.
The list of duties and responsibilities shown below provides a typical example of the kind of job description usually executed by individuals who work as warehouse associates at Macy’s:
- Safely, accurately, and productively receive, pack, pick, keep, and ship merchandise
- Utilize hand-held computers, PCs, and other similar devices to perform tasks accurately and productively
- Adhere to all standard safety and operating procedures and/or security guidance
- Utilize powered equipment as may be directed by the supervisor or manager
- Perform clearing of jams on elevated conveyor systems by following the procedures on conveyor lock-out
- May be expected to perform special assignments or projects and additional related duties.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Macy’s Warehouse Associate Role
When seeking for the job of a warehouse associate at Macy’s, you will be required to possess certain qualities, skills, knowledge, abilities, etc., to prove your suitability for the role.
Given below are major requirements you may be expected to meet to qualify for an interview for the job of a warehouse associate at Macy’s:
- Strong ability to read and write, and to interpret procedure manuals, reports, and other instructional documents
- Outstanding communication skills, including verbal and written skills
- Strong ability to perform subtraction, addition, division, multiplication and other basic math functions
- Ability to work effectively alone with little supervision
- Ability to lift 25 and 50 pounds routinely and occasionally respectively for Small Ticket and Direct to Consumer roles
- Strong ability to lift about 75 pounds for Big Ticket roles
- Strong flexibility in carrying out tasks and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to be conscious of safety
- Strong ability to understand safety and security guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures and to effectively communicate directions in the FC
- Strong ability to achieve accuracy and productivity standards
- Strong ability to be trained on operating fork lift equipment and working at heights
- Strong ability to apply appropriate hand-held scanners to perform tasks
- Ability to learn and understand Macy’s propriety systems and Manhattan WMS.
If you are interested in starting a career with Macy’s as a warehouse associate, this post and the sample description of the role contained will assist you to learn about the job.
You will be able to increase your knowledge of the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to perform on the job; then you will be better prepared for the career.