Internal Sales Manager Job Description Example
What Does Internal Sales Manager Do?
An internal sales manager is the staff of an organization responsible for building and developing an internal sales team.
His/her job description entails developing both internal and external campaigns and promotions, and effectively growing the company’s internal account.
He/she is responsible for performing various internal sales activities to ensure that the company they work for stays on top of its game.
It is expected of an internal sales manager to have a track record of developing and leading a team involving in sales activities.
This position requires being proactive, with the ability to see hindrance before they appear. This way, certain problems, which would probably have led to losses for the company, will be avoided.
The role of the internal sales manager also includes managing a team of sales representatives.
He/she is also in charge of motivating, managing, and leading the rest of the assigned internal sales team; ensuring that targets are met and performance is at its peak.
As new members of sales staff are employed into the company, the sales manager takes over their training, and ensures the improvement of their skills.
His/she is expected to develop ideas and opportunities for sales promotions. These opportunities are to generate revenue for the company and also to boost the company’s performance in the area of sales.
The work description for this position entails that the manager develops strategies on how to generate opportunities.
It shouldn’t just stop there, but also to ensure that those strategies are implemented by the sales team.
To a large extent, the internal sales manager is responsible for securing a close of business. Approaching clients and pitching the products of the company they represent to suit their customers’ needs and get them to buy is an important duty of the manager.
Included in the job description of an internal sales manager is generating sales opportunities for the company. He/she also gets involved in closing a business.
The nature of this position requires targets to be met. And as such, he/she may need to engage in external sales activities to get these targets met.
They are also to assist the marketing department on strategies for running various campaigns.
A very vital skill internal sales managers should have is the ability to manage a group of people.
Another is to possess excellent communication skills, as he or she is to, from time to time, motivate his or her team for the work to be performed excellently.
His/her tasks also include following up on certain clients/customer (the very promising ones) who have indicated some interest on the company’s offers.
Internal Sales Manager Job Description Example
There are certain tasks, duties, and responsibilities an internal sales manager must undertake, these are given in the following job description example:
- Promote the company’s products and brand
- Participate in developing marketing strategy
- Pitching company’s products/services to prospective clients/customers
- Develop targets for the internal sales team and ensure its implementation
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients
- Perform inbound lead generation and evaluation
- Meet sales target and goals
- Periodically provide reports on the internal sales activities of the company
- Ensure that company’s product pipeline stays on enhanced
- Develop and maintain networks across the assigned constituency
- Build and maintain stout relationship with clients
Internal Sales Manager Resume Preparation
Internal sales manager resume can be prepared with the help of information from the sample job description above.
The information about the functions of the position contained in the above work description sample can be employed in making certain sections of the resume, especially the job experience part.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Internal Sales Manager Role
There are certain competencies and skills that employers are looking out for in candidates interested in the position of internal sales manager, some of which are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- An experience of at least 3 years in related position or organization
- Managerial abilities
- Multi-tasking ability; ability to be flexible enough to handle numerous tasks
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Must be an excellent communicator, whether orally or on paper
- Must possess good organizational leadership skills
- Fair knowledge of the computer and its basic applications, especially those related to the job description for the position
- Possess excellent decision making skills
- Ability to meet up with deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Must possess people skills, and have the ability to be creative
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.