This article provides detailed information on the Home Depot merchandising executive associate job description, to help you learn what they do.
It presents the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the work description of a merchandising executive associate at the Home Depot.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to fulfil to be hired for the merchandising executive associate role at the Home Depot or other retailers.
Please, read on:
What does a Home Depot MEA do?
The Home Depot merchandising executive associate job description involves executing marketing initiatives and ensuring that products are displayed correctly to drive purchases and maximize stock turns.
It entails directing customer traffic, lifting heavy objects up to 50 pounds, cleaning floors, and maintaining equipment.
The Home Depot merchandising executive associate (MEA) operates as teams with on-site oversight, and they give service to several departments in the stores.
MEA employees must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for 10 hours a day.
Home Depot is looking for team-oriented people who can work well with others as merchandising executive associates.
The job is physical and fast-paced; applicants must have the ability to speak, read, and write in English.
During emergencies, Home Depot MEAs are responsible for making sure that the store is safe. They do not directly ask customers to leave, but they call in the authorities when necessary.
The Home Depot MEAs are responsible for performing specific tasks throughout the day, such as checking in merchandise and maintaining the sales floor.
The job requires good customer service skills to respond to questions from customers and help find merchandise in the store.
Home Depot also wants MEAs who enjoy working with people and provide great customer service; applicants must be willing to work hard.
The Home Depot merchandising executive associates work daily with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and lift heavy boxes during stocking operations.
Before starting their shift, merchandising executive associates are responsible for checking that all equipment is working properly.
For example, they routinely check that items are in stock, out-of-stock items are replenished, and the store is clean.
More on Home Depot Merchandising Executive Associate Job Description
Home Depot MEA employees must also be able to provide great customer service when they encounter customers during their shifts.
They must be reliable and willing to complete tasks assigned by the department managers in a timely manner.
If there are any problems, the merchandising executive associate is responsible for alerting their department managers about them.
Merchandising executive associates should be willing to move throughout the store and lift heavy objects during stocking operations.
Home Depot is willing to train new employees who are enthusiastic about working with people and doing physical work for the MEA role.
The merchandising executive associate must be able to create a safe working environment by following safety procedures.
The Home Depot MEA must maintain an organized work area, including the sales floor.
They must follow all safety procedures and check that all equipment is working properly before starting their shift.
Applicants for the MEA position at the Home Depot should be reliable, have good customer service skills, and want to sell products to customers during their shifts.
Home Depot MEA Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The following are major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the merchandising executive associate job description at the Home Depot:
- Open and close store as required
- Provide exceptional customer service, including assisting customers, answering questions, and completing sales transactions
- Ensure all safety rules, guidelines and procedures are followed by employees and customers
- Assist in maintaining a clean appearance of the store at all times, including restrooms, parking lots and trash areas
- Properly complete all checkout procedures as required for cashiers and rental clerks
- Assist in moving, loading, and unloading merchandise onto trucks/trailers as directed by management staff
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Home Depot MEA Requirements: skills, abilities, and knowledge for Career Success
Here are major requirements you may be expected to fulfil to be hired for the merchandising executive associate role at the Home Depot or other companies in the industry:
- Applicants for positions as a Home Depot MEA should have knowledge about building materials
- They need basic math skills to use measuring tapes, calculators, and other tools
- The job requires physical strength to lift heavy objects regularly throughout shifts that are 10 hours long
- Applicants must also be able to work in a fast-paced environment, interact with customers, and speak, read, and write in English
- The ability to create a safe working environment is another requirement for the job
- Applicants should have good communication skills that allow them to provide service to other employees throughout the store
- Home Depot MEA jobs involve meeting and greeting customers and providing great customer service
- Ability to follow simple instructions and safety rules and guidelines as required
- Possess good organizational skills for stocking shelves and keeping inventory up-to-date, as well as other store maintenance tasks
- Maintain a professional business appearance at all times, which includes wearing appropriate uniform at all times.
Home Depot MEA Salary
The Home Depot MEA salary is $12.00 per hour and salaries can range from $11.00 to 16.00 per hour as found on Glassdoor website
This post has provided exhaustive information on the duties and responsibilities you will be expected to perform if hired for the merchandising executive associate role at the Home Depot, which is helpful to anyone interested in the MEA career with the Home Depot or other similar retailers.
They will now be able to decide if the MEA career is what they want to go for.
This post is also useful to employers/recruiters in the same industry as the Home Depot who are looking to hire competent individuals for the merchandising executive associate position.
They can create an effective job description for the merchandising executive associate role for use in their hiring process by applying the sample Home Depot MEA job description provided on this page.