Home Depot Flooring Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides all you need to know about the job description of the flooring associate at the Home Depot.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly constitute the Home Depot flooring associate work description.
It also provides the major requirements individuals may be expected to fulfil to be hired for the flooring associate position at the Home Depot or other similar retailers.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Home Depot Flooring Associate do?
The flooring associate is responsible for maintaining a safe working and shopping environment by adhering to all safety rules and criteria, going through specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards and unsafe conditions, or reporting problems to the manager on duty.
Each associate has the responsibility of upholding and enforcing all company policies and procedures, including those regarding condition of equipment (e.g., checkout scanners, cash registers), flooring materials (e.g., displays, shop floor), office supplies and furniture, tools and equipment (e.g., ladders, paint sprayers), and other pertinent concerns (e.g., emergency procedures).
The associate is responsible for the security of store assets, such as money taken into safekeeping or any item that can be placed in a secure place until it is accounted for properly.
This responsibility applies when store is closed and during hours of operation.
The Home Deport flooring associate job description also involves assisting customers in the selection, purchase, delivery and return of flooring or other items sold in the department.
Each associate assist customers with installation services for products sold in the department.
The flooring associate at the Home Depot complete consultation regarding flooring project to customer’s satisfaction by recommending various selections based on merchandise availability and price point.
The flooring associate ensure proper handling and wrapping/packing for all items prior to placing in customer vehicle.
Each associate ensures proper storage for flooring by rotating current stock with new inventory, ensuring all flooring is properly labelled and easily accessible when needed.
They assist customers with loading products into vehicles or onto carts.
The flooring associate’s job description also involves assisting customers with moving products from dock/trailer to department location and re-loading products into vehicles or onto carts.
Each associate assists customers with moving products from department to vehicle during the return process.
Flooring associates at Home Depot ensure proper handling of returns by providing clear directions on how product can be returned, marking any damaged boxes appropriately, providing refund/credit information and signing work order for delivery driver.
They also ensure merchandise is properly displayed, placed on shelves and labelled using all appropriate signage/labels.
The flooring associate duties also entails ensuring that merchandise is priced correctly by performing regular price checks and adhering to all pricing rules.
They assist with department merchandising projects as needed.
They maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment by complying with all company policies and procedures, including those regarding cleanliness of work areas, job site safety, and equipment maintenance, as well as damage prevention.
The flooring associate at the Home Depot complete the necessary training as outlined in the Orientation/Training section of the Associate Handbook.
Home Depot Flooring Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of a Home Depot flooring associate typically consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Direct and assist customers with flooring purchases such as tile, carpet, wood, laminate, and vinyl
- Provide product information such as use, style, and color to customers
- Organize merchandise by department or type of merchandise on display floor for sale
- Assist customers in completing their purchase by entering order into register, removing old merchandise, and delivering new products to customers
- Provide customer service by describing product uses or availability of in-stock items
- Put up sale signs or advertisements for flooring products
- Assist loss prevention team with out of stocks and damaged claims; loading trucks and taking out trash
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including safety, security, and loss prevention, and inventory control.
Home Depot Flooring Associate Requirements: Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills for Career Success
Here are major requirements you may have to meet to be hired for the flooring associate role with the Home Depot or other similar companies:
- Minimum 18 years old to work in the US. (With exceptions made for higher age requirements such as 19 and 21 depending on state, county and city laws.)
- Physical strength and mobility required to perform tasks that may include prolonged standing, bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and moving heavy objects. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds, unassisted
- Physical ability required for stocking lumber/building materials products
- Can read and understand simple instructions, memos, and short correspondence
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Prior knowledge on home flooring materials, trends, and product specification
- Knowledge in building construction preferred.
Home Depot Flooring Associate Salary
The typical hourly pay for the Home Depot flooring associate is approximately $13 based on the reports on Glassdoor website.
You can expect to make anywhere from $10 to around $16 as a flooring associate with the Home Depot.
This post has provided helpful information for individuals interested in the flooring associate role at the Home Depot or other like companies.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of the flooring associate job, and so will be able to decide correctly if that is what they want to do.
This post is equally useful to employers/recruiters in the retail industry as the Home Depot who are seeking to hire the best person for a vacant flooring associate position.
They can create a detailed job description for the flooring associate role to be used in the hiring process, by applying the sample Home Depot flooring associate job description on this page.