This post provides exhaustive information on the front desk coordinator job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights major requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired for the front desk coordinator role.
What Does a Front Desk Coordinator Do?
The front desk coordinator is responsible for promotion and sales of the company’s products and services, which is done through customer service, on the phones, and through e-mail.
The front desk coordinator job description entails acting as the general receptionist, receiving and directing phone calls and answering calls, or responding to e-mails.
It also involves providing customers with marketing information on company’s products or services.
Front desk coordinators handle emergent customer problems and solve customer inquiries that were not resolved during previous contact.
They also look up customer information, i.e. names and addresses, telephone numbers, account numbers or e-mails or other customer’s contact information in order to get in touch with the customer.
Answering questions pertaining to their products and services or about the company is a part of their job.
This position ensures that new customers are aware of all the company’s products and services.
He/she welcomes visitors to the workplace and directs them to where they want to go or who they want to see.
Front desk coordinators are also responsible for maintaining good customer relationship by offering solutions to customers’ problems and complaints.
They also work closely with the management personnel, while providing guests with notification of arrival and departure of guests or company officials.
Another duty of the front desk coordinator is to manage the routine tasks that are related to making the work area more welcoming for visitors.
They coordinate with other staff in the office by organizing and keeping track of visitors, maintaining their files, and communicating with staff or other guest in the company, etc.
The front desk coordinator work description also involves determining necessary details of procedures, rules, and regulations regarding company’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to security procedures, etc.
It also entails performing administrative duties, such as handling personnel records, processing payrolls or scheduling out time for employees for various events, including training or conferences.
This position also determines the duties of other employees in the company and assigns work to them.
Providing customer with information regarding company’s products and services is another task that they perform.
They assist guests and visitors in their dealings with the business establishment in which they are staying.
Front Desk Coordinator Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The front desk coordinator job description entails the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Promote products and services of the hotel
- Greet and register guests
- Check guests in and out of hotels, motels, inns, and resorts
- Determine the type and amount of bill to present to guest for payment
- Answer questions regarding room availability, rates, services, policies, recreational facilities and attractions in the area
- Update records, such as records of reservations, arrivals, and check-outs
- Make copies of keys, settle bills, and provide change for guests
- Carry out clerical duties at the front desk
- Compile lists of guests to be notified of special events or services
- Explain billing procedures to guests
- Operate a computerized front desk system (typically an online system) and use local area network (LAN) software to enter guest information into database
- Provide information to vendors regarding guest accounts through telephone or computer links, faxes, or other means.
Front Desk Coordinator Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before as a front desk coordinator or are presently working in that role, you can apply the front desk coordinator job description example above in making the Professional Experience section of the resume.
You can highlight the duties and responsibilities you have performed or are presently performing as a front desk coordinator in your resume’s Professional Experience by applying the ones in the above job description sample.
This will show that you have been successful performing the role of a front desk coordinator, which will enhance your chances of being hired for the new position, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires someone with some front desk coordinator work experience.
Front Desk Coordinator Requirements: Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
Here are major requirements you might be asked to meet to be qualified for the position of front desk coordinator:
- Knowledge of computerized reservations systems, reservation software and related software applications
- Ability to use a personal computer and perform basic spreadsheet functions, such as sorting data, sums, and averages
- Knowledge of local and state tax laws, including corporate laws regulating lodging establishments
- Must be able to operate a switchboard or front desk terminal that requires ability to input or enter data directly into a computer
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to type 35 words per minute
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays for guests
- Possess ability to work alone at the front desk with little supervision
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the industry
- Must know how to write routine reports and correspondence
- Knowledge of procedures and policies of the organization concerning all guest concerns such as billing, customer service, information technology and facilities management
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests in verbal and written form
- Possess ability to provide information in person or on the telephone to customers in person or by telephone
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation and fire protection requirements for lodging establishments.
Front Desk Coordinator Salary
The average salary for a front desk coordinator is $35,939 (glassdoor.com) and $32,437 (ziprecruiter.com).
Ziprecruiter reports the best paying cities as: Green River, WY, $39,745; Santa Clara, CA, $37,840; San Francisco, CA, $36,966; Washington, DC, $36,498; and Fremont, CA, $36,204 per year.
According to Zippia.com, there are now approximately 505,853 front desk coordinators working in the United States.
Women make up 90.6% of all front desk coordinators while men make up 9.4%.
An employed front desk coordinator is 41 years old on average.
White (56.3%) is the most frequent ethnicity among front desk coordinators, followed by Hispanic or Latino (24.4%), Black or African American (10.5%), and Asian (5.7%).
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the front desk coordinator career. They can learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities that they perform.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in making a detailed job description for the front desk coordinator role.