Dollar General Lead Sales Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are seeking to know the Dollar General lead sales associate job description to prepare yourself for the role at the company, then you will find this post really valuable.
You will discover the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the Dollar General lead sales associate’ work description.
This post also shows you the requirements you may be asked to meet if you are seeking the lead sales associate job at the Dollar General Corporation.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Dollar General Lead Sales Associate Do?
The Dollar General lead sales associate is responsible for ensuring that the store is kept clean and organized at all times.
His/her job description entails performing the sales associate’s duties and working in a leadership role when the store manager or assistant store manager is not around.
It also involves being customer-focused; helping customers to locate the merchandise they desire and purchase them.
Lead sales associates at the Dollar General also operate a cash register, clean the store, and stock and recover merchandise.
They work under the supervision of a store manager who assigns duties and responsibilities to them in such a way to achieve customer satisfaction and improve store profitability, as well as to protect company assets.
The Dollar General lead sales associate role may also involve meeting and surpassing individual and store performance goals on daily basis, and complying with the Dollar General Store cash handling procedure, as well as adhering to the established security, safety, and loss prevention program established by the store.
It also includes providing assistance to stock associates with refilling the store, as well as with tagging of merchandise on the selling floor as required.
The Dollar General lead sales associate work description may also entails helping with pricing of merchandise and assisting with general housekeeping procedures, as well as maintaining store appearance in line with the Dollar General visual standards for presentation.
Dollar General Lead Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Dollar General lead sales associate performs various functions, which primarily entail keeping the store clean and organized to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
Below is a Dollar General lead sales associate job description sample showing major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the role:
- Greet and give assistance to customer, and ensure effective customer service leadership
- Perform itemization and totaling of customer purchases using the cash register and scanner
- Take payment from customers and give correct change as may be necessary
- Bag purchased merchandise for customers and assist them with merchandise as may be needed
- Adhere to Dollar General work processes for receiving, opening, and unpacking cartons, boxes, and totes of merchandise
- Perform stocking, restocking, and rotation of merchandise on shelves, as well as create merchandise displays
- Carry out store, restroom, and stockroom cleaning; dust and mop store floors; and remove trash
- Assist in setting up sidewalk displays
- Help in implementing and maintaining of planograms
- Follow the store manager’s directive in opening and closing store
- Carry out the assistant store manager or store manager’s duties in their absence.
Dollar General Lead Sales Associate Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
To be hired for the position of the lead sales associate at the Dollar General, HR managers will expect you to have certain qualities, including knowledge, skills, experience, and educational qualifications to be able to access the position.
These requirements are necessary to prove that you will be able to perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the lead sales associate role at Dollar General.
Shown below are major requirements applicants are expected to meet to be hired at the Dollar General Stores as a lead sales associate:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Dollar General safety policies and practices
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to read and comply with directives stated in the planogram and merchandise presentation guides
- Strong ability to quickly carry out simple mathematical calculations, including addition and subtraction; multiplication and division; and percentages
- Ability to effectively carry out cash register functions
- Strong knowledge of policies and practices regarding safety control, cash, and facility
- Strong ability to handle cash following established procedures such as cash deposit and accountability control
- Possess valid driver’s license to drive own car to the bank to deposit cash
- Possess minimum educational qualification of High School Diploma or equivalent in addition to six months working experience in a supervisory role. Related training or experience may also be accepted.
If you are a job seeker looking to gain a job as a lead sales associate at the Dollar General, you will find this post helpful to learn about the duties and responsibilities that constitute the job description of the role. This knowledge will help you to prepare well for the job.
Dollar General Lead Sales Associate Job Description for Resume
You can apply the Dollar General lead sales associate job description sample provide above in making the job experience section of your resume if you are making one for seeking the lead sales associate position.
Did this article help increase your knowledge of what lead sales associates do at Dollar General? Please, make a comment in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work at Dollar General as a lead sales associate.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.