CNC Machine Operator Job Description Example
The CNC machine operator is a person who creates a model for various computer programs that aids the functioning of the mechanical device in drilling, shaping and cutting materials used for production in industries.
The job description of the CNC machine operator is to evaluate the elements and characteristics of the items needed and arrange them in the right order.
As a programmer, the operator writes or creates unique patterns of translation, imputing instructions into the computer system with specific modes of commands which the device responds to accordingly.
Haven programmed the machine to work as specified, he/she manually arranges all items needed for production into the machine and watches it work as computerized.
He/she makes use of their programming experience to monitor the machine closely to detect any problems that may arise. This includes paying apt attention to the sound emanating from the machine to notice if there is too much vibration in the cutting tools as this could affect the quality of production.
He/she has the responsibility to ensure that products come out in good condition by ensuring that the work piece, i.e., metal or plastic used for production is properly oiled or lubricated to avoid breaking off.
Their duties include using their creativity and expertise on the job to produce customized products as requested by customers, and to inspect equipment on a daily basis to detect faults and to fix them immediately.
A good manager, the CNC machine operator avoids waste of resources and materials by producing large quantities of particular parts of products at a time based on job specification, and do the same to other parts until the job is completed.
They work with other team members in the course of duty and are always open to learn new things from them in order to get the job done.
They are always on their toes, moving, bending, and stretching to put all things in place and ensure successful production.
CNC Machine Operator Job Description Example
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the CNC machine operator’s job description are shown in the job description example below:
- Set-up computerized machines to perform machine functions on work piece
- Input control instruction into machine
- Evaluate program blueprints to outline machine operations and dimensions
- Install machine tools and gadgets using manual working tools
- Replace old machine tools when worn-out with new ones
- Make use of network links to ensure transmission of command from computer servers to computer numerical control modules
- Take accurate measurements of work piece and gauges for production
- Carryout maintenance measures to ensure good condition of machines
- Operate three or more machines with little or no assistance
- Change or replace switches and cylinders
- Ensure that all machines run at moderate and proper speed.
The sample job description shown above provides good information for creating the job history section of a resume for seeking the job of CNC machine operator.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge and Abilities for the Position of CNC Machine Operator
Below are vital requirements a CNC machine operator should meet to be effective on the job and be considered for employment by most employers:
- Good knowledge of set-up and operation
- Good knowledge of blueprints and micrometers
- Good knowledge of edits and G-codes
- Have basic knowledge of production materials
- Highly skilled in VTL, VTC and overhead crane
- Good communication skills.
Best Health and Safety Certification Courses
If you are in or seeking a job in a field where
health and safety at workplace is a concern, like the construction industry, then you will need to complete a relevant course or two to gain the required knowledge and meet the OSHA requirements or other requirements.
>> OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Course
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.