AWS Developer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an AWS Developer to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the AWS Developer work description.
It also provides the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill if you are seeing the AWS Developer role.
Please, keep reading to improve your knowledge of the AWS Developer career:
What Does an AWS Developer Do?
AWS is the acronym for Amazon Web Services. It is a subsidiary of the Amazon Incorporation that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs (Application Programming Interface) to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go-basis.
The AWS developer is responsible for developing, designing, maintaining, and enhancing the cloud infrastructure of web applications.
He/she is a professional individual that possesses profound understanding of the core AWS services and ensures the application of best practices in relation to security and scalability.
In other words, an AWS developer refers to one whose profession is to oversee and manage the process of designing, developing, and setting-up ideal AWS cloud solutions.
He/she is usually saddled with the responsibility of identifying, implementing, and overseeing the maintenance of the most satisfactory AWS architecture following the needs of a company or an organization.
In the process of performing his/her duties of setting up, managing, maintaining, and evolving the cloud infrastructure of web applications, the AWS developer is expected to carry out a wide range of tasks in his/her day-to-day activities.
One of the core tasks that are executed by AWS developers is to examine and have adequate understanding of the current application infrastructure of an organization and coming up with recommendations and suggestions to change and/or improve it.
Amazon Web Services developers are also responsible for defining and documenting best practices and strategies related to application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
They may also be required to perform migration of the infrastructure of an organization with zero downtime to a highly available and scalable one.
Another important duty of an AWS developer is to track technical issues, which involves examining and inspecting infrastructure to track technical issues and coming up with solutions to program problems as they arise.
The Amazon Web Services developer is also expected and required to work closely with the IT team or department of an organization to execute tasks such as migrating web applications to AWS and/or other relevant tasks as assigned.
He/she also has to ensure and enhance functionality, efficiency, and scalability by testing and updating applications so that it can be used across all web browsers.
To work as an AWS developer, you may be required to have specific skills and qualities, including excellent verbal and written communication skills, flexibility and eagerness to learn, and good time management skills.
Others are business acumen, good decision-making skills, and computer proficiency; strong organization skills, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, and good multitasking skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the AWS developer job role usually demands that the ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, or Computer Science, or in a related discipline.
AWS developer Salary: The average salary for an AWS developer, according to Payscale, is $100,698 annually.
AWS Developer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
AWS developers perform the responsibilities:
- Understanding the current application infrastructure of an organization and coming up with recommendations and/or suggestions to change or improve it
- Defining and documenting best practices and strategies that are related to application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Working collaboratively with the IT team or department to migrate web applications to AWS
- Developing, designing, and implementing cost-effective migration strategies
- Creating reusable, effective, and scalable programs
- Carrying out software analysis, testing, debugging, and update to ensure that applications can be used on all web browsers
- Developing various AWS services such as API, RDS instance, and Lambda to build a serverless application
- Examining and inspecting programs to track technical issues and come up with solution suggestions and/or recommendations.
AWS developer Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before or are presently working as an Amazon Web Services developer, you can boost the strength of your resume/CV by including that work experience in it.
With a professional or work experience section in your resume/CV that shows that you have been effective in performing the AWS developer role, you can significantly increase your chances of getting hired for the new job, especially if the new position requires having some web services developer work experience.
You can quickly make an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the AWS developer job description example above.
AWS Developer Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a web services developer with Amazon or other companies, the requirements you may be expected to meet include:
- Excellent time management skills, since a web services developer will need to prioritize his/her time on projects
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, since a web services developer utilizes written communication skills to deliver regular program reports and verbal communication skills to liaise and interact with team members
- Good decision-making skills, which gives him/her the ability to provide firm and clear perspectives that are secure, resilient, and cost-efficient, and managed with operational excellence
- Excellent multitasking skills, since a web services developer will be required to work on multiple tasks at once
- Strong technical skills such as basic programming knowledge, software development, and continuous integration
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, or Computer Science.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the web services developer career with Amazon or other companies. They will be able to learn all they need to know about the AWS developer duties and responsibilities.
This will help them to make informed decision whether they are better suited for the web services developer career or not.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to hire for the web services developer position in their organizations.
They can apply the sample AWS developer job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the vacant position to attract the best candidates for the position..
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.