This post provides complete information on the job description of an assistant product manager, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they majorly carry out.
What Does An Assistant Product Manager Do?
The assistant product manager, working in harmony with the production manager is responsible for scheduling, organizing and coordinating manufactured products.
He/she oversees production of goods and ensures efficiency in all aspects of the production process.
The role also involves certifying that the correct amount is produced at the suitable quality and cost.
Assistant product managers also offer administrative assistance to production staff and supervise as well as ensure quality control and prompt production of products or completion of projects at the appropriate time.
Other assignments included in the job description for this post will include making use of the needed material and human resources, designing a timescale for production, budgeting, overseeing production procedures and rectifying schedules when necessary.
The assistant product manager is expected to be in charge of acquiring and supervising the utilization of equipments.
He/she will assist in examining standards of products and making use of quality control procedures.
The duties of the assistant production manager will also entail working at irregular hours as well as weekends or holidays.
He/she may be required at most times to work for extended hours, particularly in meeting targeted deadlines.
He/she will also be required to support the production manager in a 24-hour production circumstance.
He/she will maintain prospects set by the production manager.
To become an efficient assistant product manager, the individual must have creative organizational and planning skills.
He/she must be able to act convincingly and perform in crucial situations.
The job will require an exceptional ability to grasp concepts easily and resolve production issues.
Assistant Product Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The assistant product manager is expected to perform the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities contained in their job description (shown in the example below).
- Offer the sales team the required technical knowledge that will assist them in selling a product
- Perform as reference points for all requests related to products and collaborate with other staff in addressing any matter arising
- Maintain close connection with sales team to evaluate reactions to and suitability of present promotional material and to ensure optimal use of printed promotional material
- Create market research projects to evaluate client attitudes to the present product and latest product introductions
- Collaborate with the units involved in yearly marketing for the purpose of carrying out advertising sales programs and promotions according to yearly marketing plan
- Preparation of product forecasts and regular supervision of level of inventory at warehouses
- Communicate with the advertising company with regards to the product campaign comprising conferences, journal advertising and direct mail
- Supervise the procedures of production and certify that there is cost effectiveness in production
- Connect with unit heads to maintain and execute company policies and objectives
- Ensure adherence to safety and health principles.
The job description sample displayed above can also be employed in writing the professional experience section and other sections of a resume for the position.
Assistant Product Manager Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
The position of an assistant product manager requires a multi-talented candidate who is multifaceted and can work in a stressful environment.
The ideal applicant must therefore be self-motivated, and in addition possess the following qualifications:
- A degree in business management, material science or other affiliated business fields
- Sufficient knowledge in utilizing computer applications such as MS Office, Spreadsheet or other production related software
- Ability to work efficiently under stress involving tight deadlines
- Conversant with fundamental bookkeeping methods
- Giving thoughtfulness to detail and high level of precision
- Ability to sustain faithful confidentiality in carrying out the tasks of a product manager.