Amazon Stow Associate Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon stow associate, to help you learn about the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the Amazon stow associate work description.
It also presents the major requirements individuals may need to fulfill to be hired for the job of a stow associate with Amazon or other companies.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon stow associate career:
What Does an Amazon Stow Associate Do?
An Amazon stow associate is responsible for scanning products with a handheld scanner and physically placing them into various bar-coded shelf locations so that the products can be ordered by customers.
He/she is responsible for storing merchandise in assorted size bins, to be pulled for the fulfillment of orders.
In other words, an amazon stow associate refers to one who is responsible for ensuring that all items and/or merchandise are inspected for damages, then scanned as they are stowed to ensure that virtual and physical locations of the items match the accuracy of the inventory.
He/she must stow merchandise in compliance with Amazon’s procedures while also ensuring that all items are in excellent condition to be shipped to various customers.
In the process of carrying out his/her duties of ensuring that items are in excellent condition to be shipped to customers, an Amazon stow associate is expected to carry out a wide range of crucial duties in his/her day-to-day activities.
One of the core tasks that are executed by an Amazon stow associate is to supply and/or replenish shelves with products; maintain and manage inventory, and provide excellent customer service.
He/she is also responsible for organizing and proper packaging of purchase items into manageable arrays to create an accommodating and positive environment for customers.
The Amazon stow associate may also be required to work cooperatively alongside a team of warehouse workers to prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup in accordance with the schedule.
He/she may also be saddled with the responsibility of training new employees in the amazon policy and procedure while also utilizing patience, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a motivational team-driven attitude.
He/she is also expected to carry out inventory controls and maintain high-quality standards for audits as well as keeping a clean, safe, and well-maintained working environment and optimizing the utilization of space.
An Amazon stow associate must also carry out his/her duties following quality service standards and complying strictly with safety rules and regulations.
To become an Amazon stow associate, individuals are expected to possess certain skills and qualities such as excellent math skills, a highly detail-oriented mind, and excellent customer service skills; strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and good time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the ideal candidate for the stow associate job at Amazon or other companies is required to possess at least a High School diploma or equivalent qualification as well as some years of working in relevant professional roles.
Amazon Stow Associate Salary: According to Zippia, the average salary for an Amazon stow associate is approximately $18,655 annually.
Amazon Stow Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon stow associates perform the responsibilities:
- Ensuring that display cases, shelves, and aisles are kept clean and well-maintained with constant cleaning practices
- Ensuring conformity by locating items in storage areas and comparing the information on them with work orders
- Organizing warehouse space as well as enhancing and/or optimizing the optimization of space
- Training new employees to uphold the Amazon company policy, sustain customer service satisfaction, and educating them on the point of sale system
- Checking, verifying, and filling customer invoices when required
- Scanning products and physically placing them in their various bar-coded locations
- Removing merchandise and items from the backroom to stock on sales floor shelves and building special sales displays on the sales floor
- Abiding by all Amazon’s safety and hygiene regulations.
Amazon Stow Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV for a new job and have worked previously or are presently working in the Amazon stow associate role, it’s beneficial to include the professional experience section in your resume/CV to show that experience.
With the professional experience section of your resume/CV, you will be able to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a stow associate.
When recruiters/employers read this information, they will be more likely to grant you an interview, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires having some stow associate work experience.
You can create a compelling professional experience section for your resume by using the Amazon stow associate job description example above.
Amazon Stow Associate Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a stow associate with Amazon or other companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet:
- Excellent customer service skills, since a stow associate must provide friendly customer service by greeting and acknowledging them, and assisting them to find products
- Strong problem-solving skills to be able to effectively resolve various retail-related customers problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since the stow associate must interact efficiently and effectively with customers, as well as co-workers
- Strong interpersonal skills, as this enables him/her to work cooperatively with every other department, as well as build and maintain robust relationships with co-workers
- Good math skills, since a stow associate must be able to perform basic addition and subtraction, as well as solve problems that are data-related in the workplace
- A highly detail-oriented mind, since he/she must be extremely mindful and observant of all details
- At least a High School diploma or similar educational experience.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in a stow associate career at Amazon or other companies.
They can improve their knowledge of what the stow associate role does, including the duties and responsibilities associated with it, and so will be able to decide if it’s the best career for them.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to attract the best people for hire for the vacant stow associate position in their companies.
They will be able to create a detailed and effective description of the vacant stow associate role for use in their recruitment process by applying the sample Amazon stow associate job description on this page.