Amazon Fulfillment Center Packer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an Amazon fulfillment center packer, to help you learn the work that they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the Amazon fulfillment center packer work description.
It also presents the major requirements individuals will be expected to meet to be hired as a fulfillment center packer with Amazon or other companies.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon fulfillment center packer career:
What Does an Amazon Fulfillment Center Packer Do?
An Amazon fulfillment center packer works in the warehouse and is responsible for placing items and/or merchandise in various containers such as trays, boxes, crates, and bags.
He/she is responsible for overseeing and managing the application of protective materials, sealing of containers, placing of labels on packages, utilization of lifting gear, and also ensuring that the warehouse environment is kept clean and organized.
In other words, an amazon fulfillment center packer refers to one who works in an Amazon warehouse and whose profession is to assist the arrangement, organization, and filling of orders.
He/she assists in overseeing and managing the warehouse and inventory as well as packaging goods as part of the supply chain staff.
One of the important tasks carried out by the fulfillment center packer is to pick orders, which involves picking order tickets and processing them by completing any required paperwork, locating items in the warehouse, transporting them to the processing and shipping area, and scanning their barcodes.
He/she must also ensure that all items are scanned with URF scanners so that all inventories are accurately tracked.
Another important duty of an Amazon fulfillment center packer is to pack orders and prepare them for shipment, which also involves inspecting items to ensure that they are not damaged or missing any part, packing them following specifications and/or requirements, and moving them carefully as required to bring them to amazon shipping facilities.
It is also the duty of the fulfillment center packer to oversee and manage the maintenance of inventory, which involves maintaining the warehouse inventory by organizing crates, boxes, and containers, and ensuring that they are stored in a way that prevents damage.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of monitoring and/or tracking all orders and shipment to ensure that inventory is up-to-date and accurately recorded.
It is also highly important that the fulfillment center packer ensures and maintains general cleanliness in the warehouse.
Some of the major skills and qualities that you may be expected to fulfill to work at Amazon as a fulfillment center packer include exceptional verbal and written communication skills, good mathematical skills, and proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications.
Others are physical strength and stamina, good organizational skills, and strong endurance skills; dexterity, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills; attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the fulfillment center packer role does not necessarily require a formal educational background to do.
However, the ideal candidate for the fulfillment center packer position should possess at least a High School diploma or GED as well as some professional work experience in a related field.
Amazon Fulfillment Center Packer Salary: According to Payscale, the average salary for the Amazon fulfillment center packer job is approximately $37k annually.
Amazon Fulfillment Center Packer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon fulfillment center packers perform the responsibilities:
- Marking and/or placing a label on containers, container tags, or products
- Measuring, weighing, and counting items and/or merchandise in the inventory
- Examining and inspecting containers, materials, and/or products to ensure that packing specifications are met
- Taking up-to-date and accurate records of products, packages, and order information
- Removing completed and/or defective products from the warehouse
- Overseeing and managing the application of protective materials to inventory
- Packing orders and preparing them for shipping
- Ensuring that the warehouse environment is kept clean, organized, and well-maintained.
Amazon Fulfillment Center Packer Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before in the Amazon fulfillment center packer role or are presently working in that position, you can make your resume/CV stronger by having that work experience in it.
By including the professional or work experience section in your resume/CV, you will be able to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the fulfillment center packer job.
This piece of information can cause the recruiter/employer to give you an interview, especially if the new position that you are applying for requires having some work experience as a fulfillment center packer.
You can apply the Amazon fulfillment center packer job description example above in making an impressive professional experience section for your resume/CV.
Amazon Fulfillment Center Packer Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a fulfillment center packer at Amazon or other companies, you may be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since he or she will be required to interact with team members, read and decipher work orders, and also report back to the warehouse manager
- Physical strength and stamina, since the fulfillment center packer will be required to move objects or goods from one place to another and also operate necessary and required machinery efficiently
- Strong time management skills, since the fulfillment center packer may be required to complete certain assigned tasks under strict deadlines
- Attention to detail, since he/she must be able to locate and extract merchandise from shelves and storage areas
- Good endurance skills, as he/she must be able to endure long hours of work
- At least a High School diploma or GED, since formal education is not necessarily required.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the fulfillment center packer career. They will be able to learn about the duties and responsibilities of the fulfillment center packer job and be able to decide correctly if it’s the right career for them.
It is also helpful to employers/recruiters needing to hire competent persons for the vacant fulfillment center packer in their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon fulfillment center packer job description provided on this page in writing a detailed description of the available fulfillment center packer position in their companies for use in the recruitment process.