Amazon Receiving Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon receiving associate, to help you learn the work that they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly make up the Amazon receiving associate work description.
It also presents the typical requirements that individuals seeking the receiving associate role must fulfill to be hired at Amazon or other companies.
Please, read on to improve your knowledge of the Amazon receiving associate career:
What Does an Amazon Receiving Associate Do?
An Amazon receiving associate works alongside a dedicated team in the warehouse and is responsible for overseeing and managing all incoming and outgoing products, materials, items, and/or merchandise in the warehouse.
He/she is responsible for keeping accurate and up-to-date record of all items that come into the warehouse.
In other words, the receiving associate at Amazon refers to one who is responsible for executing basic warehousing and stock order duties such as overseeing the offloading of merchandise trucks, deciphering work orders, locating stock, and packing goods for shipment.
The receiving associate’s duties also involves picking and filling orders from stock, receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, and overseeing the packing and shipment of orders, as well as retrieving, organizing, and managing stock.
The essential tasks that an amazon receiving associate carries out include processing work orders, overseeing the offloading of stock deliveries, and locating merchandise, and collecting and packing orders for shipment.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of ensuring adequate organization and maintenance of the amazon inventory.
The receiving associate may also be required to assist with the coordination of logistics which involves monitoring the movement of inventory, keeping up-to-date and accurate records, and ensuring that inventories are well-organized and maintained.
He/she may also be required to operate some warehouse machinery such as forklifts, cherry pickers, and pallet jackets.
Amazon receiving associates are also expected to ensure that production and shipping schedules are well-coordinated and that they followed strict compliance with time and budgetary constraints.
It is also highly important that the receiving associate works closely and liaises with other warehouse staff workers, as well as the management to ensure that key objectives are realized and warehouse duties are being carried out efficiently and effectively to achieve the objectives.
To become a receiving associate at Amazon or other companies, individuals are expected to possess certain crucial skills and qualities that are required to ensure and enhance productivity and efficiency on the job.
Some of these are adequate knowledge of warehousing procedures, experience as a receiving associate, and ability to read and interpret written work orders; attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Others include physical strength and stamina; strong multitasking, time management, and endurance skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, no formal educational background is necessarily required to work as an amazon receiving associate.
However, the ideal candidate for the receiving associate role at Amazon should possess at least a High School diploma or GED together with some work experience in a related job.
Amazon Receiving Associate Salary: According to Payscale, the average salary for an Amazon receiving associate is $33,000 annually.
Amazon Receiving Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template/
Amazon receiving associates perform the responsibilities:
- Unpacking merchandise from vendor boxed and removing merchandise from plastic bags, containers, crates, and packaging
- Processing, packaging, and shipping orders accurately
- Ensuring that merchandise and/or products are well packed in a neat and secure manner
- Performing assigned duties strictly following company safety procedures and guidelines
- Inspecting products to find and remove defective and damaged ones
- Loading and unloading amazon merchandise trucks
- Actively take part in generating useful ideas to improve company’s warehousing procedures
- Driving vans, trucks, and/or cars with warehouse materials when required.
Amazon Receiving Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume/CV for a new position and have worked before as a receiving associate with Amazon or are presently working in that role, you should highlight that work experience in your resume/CV.
That means, you should add the professional or work experience section to your resume/CV where you can show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a receiving associate.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can significantly increase your chances of being invited to an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires some work experience as a receiving associate.
You can quickly and conveniently make a professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon receiving associate job description example provided above.
Amazon Receiving Associate Requirements – Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills for Career Success
If you are applying for the receiving associate job with Amazon or other companies, here are major requirements that you may be expected to perform:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to effectively interact with team members, read, and decipher work orders, and also report back to the warehouse manager
- Physical strength and stamina, since an amazon receiving associate may be required to move objects or goods from one place to another and also operate necessary and required machinery efficiently
- Adequate knowledge of warehousing procedures
- Attention to detail, since the receiving associate must be able to locate and extract merchandise from shelves and storage areas
- Good endurance skills, as he/she must be able to walk for up to eight hours a day and also endure long hours of work
- Several years of professional and/or proven experience in a related and/or relevant job role/position.
- Possess educational qualification not less than High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the receiving associate career. They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities associated with the receiving associate’s role.
With this information, they will be able to decide if the receiving associate career is best for them.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers seeking competent and qualified individuals to hire for the vacant receiving associate position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon receiving associate job description on this page in making a comprehensive description of the available receiving associate job for use in their companies’ recruitment process.