Amazon Delivery Driver Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon delivery driver, to help you learn about the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon delivery driver work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to possess to be considered for hiring at Amazon for the delivery driver role.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the Amazon delivery driver career:
What Does an Amazon Delivery Driver Do?
An Amazon delivery driver is responsible for optimizing customer satisfaction by transporting and delivering goods, merchandise, and/or other items in a safe and timely manner.
His/her job description entails picking up, transporting, and dropping off packages and small shipments within a local region or urban area.
In other words, an Amazon delivery driver refers to one whose profession is to deliver packages to homes, retail locations, and other delivery destinations while adhering strictly to delivery driving routes and time schedules for the Amazon company.
Delivering items is one of the core tasks of an Amazon delivery driver and it involves delivering a wide range of items regularly.
The delivery driver may deliver items to private homes and companies; retail stores, government offices, and several other places, and he/he is expected and required to adhere strictly to the Amazon company schedule.
Another core task that is executed by an Amazon delivery driver is to load and unload cargo and/or items since this is a regular part of the job.
He or she is also saddled with the responsibility of contacting customers since some items such as foods, medicines, expensive electronics, and some other items must be delivered directly to the customer.
Therefore the Amazon delivery driver may be required to call customers to arrange for a time of delivery to ensure that these items are delivered without a problem.
He/she may also be required to collect payment upon delivery by carrying credit card scanners that enable him/her to accept payment from credit and debit cards remotely.
Though it is the responsibility of the Amazon company to carry out heavy routine maintenance on delivery vehicles, the delivery driver however must ensure that his/her vehicle is well-maintained.
An ideal candidate or any interested individual who wants to work in the job role/position of an Amazon delivery driver must possess certain skills and qualities that are needed to guarantee and boost efficiency and productivity.
Some of the required skills and qualities to become a delivery driver at Amazon include responsible driving, excellent customer service skills, and physical strength; a valid driver’s license, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to operate forklifts and tractors in various weather and traffic conditions.
Others include excellent organizational skills and good time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the ideal candidate for the Amazon delivery driver job is expected to possess at least a High School diploma or GED.
He/she must also have acquired several years of professional and/or proven work experience as a delivery driver.
Amazon delivery driver salary: The average salary for an Amazon delivery driver, according to Payscale, is $46,821 annually.
Amazon Delivery Driver Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon delivery drivers perform the responsibilities:
- Transporting and delivering goods and/or items to clients or business in a safe, timely manner
- Examining and/or reviewing orders before and after delivery to make sure that orders are complete, charges are right, and clients are satisfied
- Helping with the loading and unloading of materials from the delivery vehicle
- Building and maintaining a healthy relationship with clients by answering any questions they may have and handling their complaints
- Accepting payments upon delivery
- Rescheduling deliveries with customers if they are unable to receive them
- Giving customers information about new products and services
- Completing and submitting logs and reports.
Amazon Delivery Driver Job Description for Resume
If you are making a resume or CV for a new job and have previously worked as an Amazon delivery driver or are presently working in that role, then it is wise to add the professional experience section to it.
With the professional or work experience part of your resume/CV, you can clearly inform the recruiter/employer that you have been effective working as a delivery driver with Amazon.
This information can boost your resume/CV ability to get you an interview with the recruiter/employer, especially if having some work experience as an Amazon delivery driver is important to the new job.
You can create an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon delivery driver job description example shown above.
Amazon Delivery Driver Requirements – Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge for Career Success
If you are seeking the Amazon delivery driver job, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be employed:
- A valid professional driver’s license
- Responsible driving, as well as a clean driving record since only drivers with clean driving records are hired
- Excellent customer service skills, since an Amazon delivery driver must interact with customers by answering their questions and informing them of new products and services
- Good time management skills, since an Amazon delivery driver is usually required to adhere and meet up with a strict delivery schedule established by Amazon
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills since he/she must interact with co-workers, clients, and/or Amazon management when required
- Several years of professional and/or proven work experience as a delivery driver.
- At least a High School Diploma.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the delivery driver career at Amazon.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities performed by Amazon delivery drivers, and so will be able to decide rightly whether to go for the career or not.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to hire for the vacant delivery driver role in their organizations.
They will be able to create a detailed description of the delivery driver job by applying the sample Amazon delivery driver job description provided on this page.
This will enable them to attract and hire the best candidates for the available delivery driver job for their organizations.>> Learn how to make a great score in Any Amazon Assessment Test; prepare effectively for the test with Practice Tests consisting of detailed explanations of answers.