Amazon Fulfillment Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon fulfillment associate, to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly associated with the Amazon fulfillment associate work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are applying for the fulfillment associate job at Amazon.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon fulfillment associate career:
What Does an Amazon Fulfillment Associate Do?
An Amazon fulfillment associate works closely with the warehouse team and is responsible for performing basic warehousing and stock order duties, such as overseeing the offloading of merchandise trucks, deciphering work orders, locating stock, and packing goods for shipping.
An Amazon fulfillment associate plays a strategic role in the Amazon goods and/or merchandise distribution process as he/she is saddled with the responsibility of improving warehouse operations.
In other words, the fulfillment associate at Amazon refers to one who works in the Company’s distribution organization and whose profession is to execute a range of various warehousing duties as assigned to him/she and also ensures that he/she reports directly to the warehouse manager, the management, and other relevant personnel.
One of the important tasks that are carried out by the Amazon fulfillment associate is to manage and/or assist with the coordination of logistics, which involves monitoring the movement of inventory, keeping up-to-date and accurate records, and ensuring that inventories are well-organized and maintained.
He/she may also be saddled with the responsibility of inspecting goods and/or merchandise for damages and giving feedback to the management or the warehouse manager.
The fulfillment associate may also be responsible for overseeing the processing of customer orders by developing, implementing, and/or utilizing a variety of approaches to ensure that the delivery of goods and/or merchandise is optimized.
He/she may also be required to liaise and work collaboratively with delivery stakeholders to ensure that all the processes involved in the delivery of goods and/or merchandise are well-managed and efficient.
It is also highly important that the fulfillment associate implements and maintains a variety of relevant processing software as this is an aid in the process of examining and tracking inventory.
Amazon fulfillment associates must also stay updated and current on relevant warehousing trends, while also complying strictly with necessary safety regulations and guidelines.
Some of the required skills and qualities you will need to meet if you are interested in becoming an Amazon fulfillment associate include adequate knowledge of warehousing procedures, adequate experience as a fulfillment associate, and ability to read and interpret written work orders; attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Others include strong multitasking skills, physical strength and stamina, and strong endurance skills; good organizational skills, computer and technology skills, and excellent time management skills; and strong mechanical skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of an amazon fulfillment associate demand that ideal candidates possess at least a High School diploma or GED since a degree is not necessary.
They are also expected to have several years of professional and proven work experience in a relevant or related position.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary for the role of a fulfillment associate at Amazon is in the range of $32,000 annually.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon fulfillment associates perform the responsibilities:
- Working in strict compliance with established safety procedures and guidelines
- Coordinating production and shipping schedules and ensuring that they are within budgetary and time constraints
- Loading and unloading delivery trucks and transporting merchandise to and from the warehouse
- Confirming goods and/or merchandise information and ensuring that they match that of the work order
- Examining merchandise for damage, flaws, and/or irregularities
- Overseeing the finalization of the work order and updating the database with the use of relevant software programs
- Labeling and stockpiling merchandise according to size, shape, and type
- Monitoring work performance and handling warehouse issues.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV as someone who has worked before as an Amazon fulfillment associate, or are presently working in that position, it is important to let the recruiter/employer know of that work experience.
That means you need to include the professional or work experience section in your resume/CV to inform the recruiter/employer that you have been successful in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of a fulfillment associate at Amazon.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can greatly help in getting you an interview appointment with the recruiter/employer, especially if having some work experience as an Amazon fulfillment associate is important to succeeding on the new job.
You can make a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon fulfillment associate job description sample above.
Amazon Fulfillment Associate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of an Amazon fulfillment associate, here are typical requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; since an Amazon fulfillment associate must interact with team members, read and decipher work orders, and also report back to the warehouse manager
- Physical strength and stamina; this will enable an Amazon fulfillment associate to efficiently move merchandise from one place to another for long hours
- Attention to detail, since his/her duties involve locating and extracting merchandise from shelves and storage areas
- Good computer skills; since he/she may be required to utilize necessary computer software to store and maintain inventory records
- Several years of professional and/or proven experience in a related or relevant job role/position
- At least a High School diploma or GED; since a degree is not necessarily required.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the fulfillment associate career at Amazon.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities that Amazon fulfillment associates perform.
This information will help them to make the right decision about whether to go for the fulfillment associate career or not.
Recruiters/employers looking to hire competent individuals for the fulfillment associate role in their organizations will also find this post useful.
They will be able to create a detailed and effective description of the vacant fulfillment associate position for their companies by applying the Amazon fulfillment associate job description example on this page.