Amazon Packer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon Packer, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon Packer work description.
It also presents the major requirements you will be expected to meet to be hired as a Packer with Amazon.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the Amazon Packer career:
What Does an Amazon Packer Do?
An Amazon Packer has the responsibility of picking and packing and handling stock arrangements to ensure that there is adequate stock for shipment purposes.
His/her job description entails ensuring that orders are ready for transportation, as well as marking and labeling product containers.
It is the job of the Packer to measure and count product containers to ensure the appropriate quantity.
Amazon Packers perform the task of quality control and check each product to ensure that its quality is up to the mark and that any damaged products are isolated and reported.
They gather products for order fulfillment from their supervisors. They label certain types of merchandise and ensure that adequate stock levels are being maintained.
They stack and pile goods into their correct containers and prepare them for shipment using diverse kinds of equipment.
The Amazon Packer is responsible for preparing items for shipping, as well as cleaning and preparing containers before placing goods in them.
They are responsible for cleaning shipping containers, as well as labeling items and packing them into the shipping containers.
To become a Packer with Amazon, some of the requirements you will be expected to possess include excellent organizational skills, physical strength and stamina, and prior experience working in a warehouse.
It also includes attention to detail, knowledge of how packing machines work and the ability to operate them, and ability to carry out minor maintenance tasks; good manual skills and team-work capabilities.
Amazon Packer Educational Qualifications
There are no definite entry requirements to become an Amazon Packer, but it is advisable for candidates to obtain at least a general school leaving certificate or technical qualifications at an equivalent level.
It is vital for the Amazon Packers to have some technical knowledge of machinery works and of their operational sequences, and an acquaintance with the kinds of packing materials used (examples include paper, glass, aluminum, printed or plain polypropylene film, etc.).
It is necessary to hold specific food storage and food hygiene certificates, and you may also need a forklift truck license for certain jobs.
Amazon Packer Salary Information and Employment Outlook
The Amazon Packer receives an average hourly rate of $14.42 with lots of bonuses, and $26,360 a year.
The career is expected to grow by 1 percent and produce 46,900 job opportunities across the U.S. between 2018 and 2028.
Amazon Packer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon Packers perform the responsibilities:
- Receiving stock, selecting and preparing goods for dispatch, loading, and unloading trucks
- Working within and complying with occupational health and safety guidelines to ensure own safety and that of others
- Packing goods with bubble wrap and polystyrene chips, and sealing containers using glue, staples, or shrink-wrap
- Weighing and labeling packaged goods, as well as reporting problems to supervisors
- Ensuring that containers are marked properly and labeled appropriately
- Manually recording the package information, and then entering it into the database along with its status
- Entering picking, packing, and loading information into the predefined Amazon database
- Checking the product to ensure that it is in proper working condition and is not damaged.
Amazon Packer Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and have worked before as an Amazon Packer, it is important to express that experience in your resume by including the professional experience section in it.
The professional or work experience section of your resume/CV helps to show to the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a Packer at Amazon.
This information can be crucial to getting the recruiter/employer to give you an interview and the job because you have shown that you have been effective on the Packer position at Amazon, which means that you will be successful on the new job (if the new job requires some Packer job experience).
You can write a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the sample Amazon Packer job description shown above.
Amazon Packer Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a Packer with Amazon, here are major requirements you may be expected to fulfill:
- Skills in packaging and picking a wide array of items, as well as completing manual and computerized forms or shipping documents
- Proven record of arranging, placing, and sealing, as well as marking and tagging of items
- Hands-on experience in operating vans, pick-up trucks, and fork lifters to pull inventory from the warehouse or distribution center
- Knowledge of adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- Hands-on experience in counting and storing various product items efficiently
- Experience in reading conditions and identifying the accurate parts for fulfilling customer orders
- Great attention to detail with accuracy and ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment where tasks must be completed quickly
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs without any support and perform routine packing work
- Readiness to be cross-trained in other areas of a warehouse operation, as well as physical fitness and ability to lift heavy objects without assistance for an entire shift
- Ability to stand or walk 10-12 hours during the work shift, as well as ability and willingness to work overtime at short notice and maintain a database of packages.
The information in this post will help you if you have an interest in the Amazon Packer career and would like to know what the job entails.
You will be able to learn the duties and responsibilities associated with the Amazon Packer role and so are able to decide if that’s what you would like to do.
This post is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire for the Packer position in their companies.
They will be able to create a detailed description of the available Packer position for attracting the best candidates for the job by applying the Amazon Packer job description example above.