Human Resources Administrator Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Human Resources Administrator Do?
The job of a human resources administrator is one that merges both the roles and functions of admin with that of human resource and personnel. This role is key in the human resources unit as a whole.
The human resources administrator job description entails carrying out all data entry requirements, updating of employees or personnel data, and the preparation of necessary documents for managers within an organization.
He/she is involved in all levels of administration via roles like recruitment, remuneration, learning/development, training, and relationship amongst employees.
He/she delivers effective human resource administrative support by assisting the managers and staff across the entire human resources team.
The hr administrator is in charge of the collation and preparation of monthly payroll data for the appropriate office(s).
He/she also contributes to the successful delivery of human resource functions through displaying the company’s values and general goals/objectives and the growth of the firm at large.
He/she is also responsible for the publication of reports on a regular basis so as to identify and monitor issues related to personnel like long-term leave, maternity leave, disciplinary appeals, and investigations within the company, ensuring that there is adherence to administrative procedures.
The human resources administrator work description may also involve placing of job adverts in the press or on the company’s website and arranging interviews, which includes contacting prospective employees or interviewees, setting up of appropriate and adequate interview panels, and supervising the interviewing process.
He/she has to deal with both external and internal queries from both staff of the company and external bodies as regards issues that have to do with the human resources unit in the company.
The administrator also reports relevant queries to the human resource team leader as is appropriate. That is to say that he/she serves as the point person for employees to lay their complaints and make inquiries.
The human resources administrator is responsible in most firms for the putting up or drafting of job descriptions (in the case of job adverts), outlining in clear terms all the skills and attributes required for a successful applicant.
He/she screens through all submitted resumes for a particular job position, seeking only the most qualified applicant.
Generally, the hr administrator plays the role of a middleman in the communication between the top management of a company and staff of all departments within the organization.
This intermediary role usually tends to cover staff welfare and issues regarding compensations and benefits as at when due.
The administrator’s duties also include assisting in the preparation of all letters of contract for any necessary changes in employee terms and condition.
It also involves preparing management reports on data that has to do with employees so as to help the company’s management in their staff development program.
The hr admin must also ensure that the company’s database (containing information about company staff) is up to date at all times.
Human Resources Administrator Job Description Example/Template
The human resources administrator performs various functions in an organization.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that make up the role in most organizations are highlighted in the job description example below:
- Coordinate the interviewing, screening, recruitment, and appointment of fresh staff as at when necessary
- Maintain company database and make sure that it is always up to date
- Ensure that there is an effective and cordial relationship between various departments of an organization, especially via the passage of information from one unit of the firm to another
- Calculate basic staff entitlements like annual leave entitlements for employees of the organization
- Contribute to the organization’s budgetary planning(s)
- Prepare job descriptions before job advert placement is made both for internal and external recruitment
- Work with and help coordinate the duties of temporary staff and make sure information on staff is correct and is regularly updated. Also perform supervision of temporary staff on particular areas of work
- Take minutes in staff meetings
- Sort applicants’ resume to select the most qualified candidates for jobs being offered.
Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills – for Human Resources Administrator Job
If you are applying to the hr administrator job and need to know what requirements to meet to qualify for the job, here below is a list of the common things you may be asked to satisfy to get an interview:
- Good communication (especially listening), office/clerical, administrative and interpersonal skills are of great importance
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good research skills
- Basic computer skills are required
- Ability to work and beat deadlines
- Good organizational abilities
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn at all times
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- A degree in human resource management or any relevant discipline
- 1-2 years experience in a similar field
- Any relevant certification(s) in HRM courses would be a plus.
If you are an employer recruiting for the position of human resources administrator, you can create a detailed job description for the role by applying the sample copy provided in this post.
Publishing a comprehensive description for the available human resources administrator job will enable you to attract the best applicants to your organization.
This post is also useful to individuals interested in the human resources career. They will have the knowledge of the duties and responsibilities they may be assigned if hired as an hr administrator
Did this post improve your knowledge of what human resources administrators do? Please, leave a quick comment of what you think about this article in the box below. And if you work as a human resources administrator, you can share your job description too.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.