This post presents complete information on the Walgreens designated hitter job description, to enable you understand what they do.
It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Walgreens designated hitter work description.
It also highlights important requirements you might be expected to meet if you are seeing the designated hitter role at Walgreens or other similar retailers.
Please, read on:
What Does a Walgreens Designated Hitter Do?
The designated hitter at Walgreens is responsible for delivering a great and memorable customer experience.
They are also responsible for registering all sales on the assigned cash register.
They provide every customer with a courteous, friendly, fair, and an efficient checkout service.
The Walgreens Designated Hitter job description also involves assisting the pharmacist in carrying out their duties, under direct supervision in accordance with federal and state laws.
He/she uses pharmacy systems to get information about the patient and the drug and process prescriptions.
Walgreens Designated Hitter Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walgreens designated hitter job description is made up of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Greets customers and resolves their issues so that they can have a great shopping experience
- Provides fast, courteous, and efficient service to customers
- Ensures that the counters and shelves are very clean and well merchandised; maintains records and takes inventory
- Performs duties assigned by the staff pharmacist, pharmacy manager, and the store manager, such as entering patient and drug information using pharmacy systems, filling prescriptions by retrieving, pouring and counting pharmaceutical drugs, ensuring that information is correctly entered, verifying that the medicine is correct, and looking out for possible interactions
- Assists pharmacists in work flow scheduling and maintenance
- Immediately reports prescription errors to the pharmacist on duty and also adheres to all policies of the company related to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program
- Reviews and complies with the pharmacy code of conduct of Walgreen Co.
- Adheres strictly to the policy of Walgreen Co. regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all prescription dispensing activities applicable
- Handles phone calls that don’t need the personal attention of the pharmacist, which includes those to physicians
- Processes in an efficient and timely manner all manual claims for third party program prescription services, and also carries out other clerical functions assigned by the pharmacy manager
- Helps and supports the Pharmacy Department on the management activities of the inventory like the ordering, checking, unpacking, and storing of pharmaceutical shipment
- Ensures that the company complies with all local and state laws with regards to regulated products (like tobacco products and alcoholic beverages)
- Helps out with the separation of food items (for example, raw foods from pre- cooked ones) and with the placement of products as specified by policies/procedures
- Assists in the rotation of stock, using restock outs and the first in, first out method for consumable items
- Has a working knowledge of systems and equipment of the store
- Provides good customer service in photo areas such as poster print and creative machine, digital passport photo service, sale of promotional photo products
- Assumes responsibility for web pick-up monitors
- Ensures a neat, clean orderly store condition and appearance, thus aiding with interior and exterior maintenance
- Maintains healthy and respectful relationships with the coworkers and complies with all policies and procedures of the company
- Ensures that special assignments and other tasks are properly assigned.
Walgreens Designated Hitter Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume/CV and have worked before as a designated hitter at Walgreens or are presently working in that position, you can create a compelling Professional Experience section for your resume/CV by applying the sample Walgreens designated hitter job description above.
By highlighting some of the duties and responsibilities of a Walgreens designated hitter in your resume’s Professional Experience section, you will be able to effectively show to recruiters/employers that you have been successful working in the role of a designated hitter.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to invite you to an interview, especially if the new job requires having some work experience as a designated hitter with Walgreens or other companies.
Walgreens Designated Hitter Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the designated hitter job with Walgreens or other like retailers, here are major requirements recruiters/employers may want you to meet:
- Must be quite fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English except in Puerto Rico
- Willing to work during evenings and weekends
- Six months experience or more in a retail environment
- Prior experience working with Walgreens
- Good mathematics skills to enable them accurately fill prescriptions, which includes measuring, counting, and weighing medications
- Must possess very good computer skills
- Must have store inventory control knowledge
- Should possess PTCB certification.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the designated hitter job with Walgreens or other similar retailers who want to know what the role entails.
They will be able to improve their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities that the designated hitter performs.
This article is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to create an effective job description for a designated hitter position for use in their recruitment process; they can apply the Walgreens designated hitter job description example provided on this page.