This post provides exhaustive information on the Target security specialist job description, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the Target security specialist work description.
This article also presents the common requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired for the security specialist role at Target or other companies in its industry.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Target Security Specialist Do?
The Target security specialist job description entails providing a secure environment to protect the company’s assets, personnel, and customers from threats.
It also involves providing training on the latest techniques used in protecting networks and computer systems from cyber-attacks.
Security specialists at Target perform their duties by ensuring that all employees are aware of the risks associated with their jobs.
It also involves monitoring network traffic and detecting any potential threats or vulnerabilities.
A Target security specialist works to protect the company’s information.
He/she assesses new technologies and products to determine if they will be beneficial to the company.
Security specialists must ensure that all equipment and software installed at the company is compatible with its current infrastructure.
A Target security specialist ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed.
His/her duties involve performing audits of the company’s IT system to identify weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
It also entails providing support to other departments within the company such as accounting, human resources, etc.
A Target security specialist has to meet deadlines and respond quickly to customer requests.
He/she should have excellent interpersonal skills and work well under pressure, and should be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks according to importance.
A security specialist at Target understands how to use technology to improve productivity and efficiency.
He/she knows how to use various tools to detect and prevent cyber-attacks.
They make recommendations regarding changes to the company’s security policy.
A Target security specialist handles multiple projects simultaneously and keeps up-to-date with industry trends and news related to cyber security.
They respond to customer inquiries promptly and adapt to change; and learn new methods of doing business.
Target Security Specialist Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Target security specialist job description entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s overall security program
- Ensure that all employees are trained on the latest techniques used to protect company data
- Monitor network traffic and report any suspicious activity
- Perform penetration tests on the company’s network to ensure it is safe from external threats
- Assist other departments within the company with technical issues
- Assess new technologies and products to see if they would benefit the company
- Create and implement effective internal policies and procedures
- Ensure that all company policies and practices are followed
- Perform audits of the company‘s IT system to identify weak points and vulnerabilities
- Provide support to other departments within your organization
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly
- Adapt to change and learn new ways to do business
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and news related cyber security
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Make recommendations regarding changes to the organization’s security policy based on current events
- Handle multiple customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Report any suspicious activity immediately
- Provide technical support to customers
- Evaluate new technologies and products to understand their benefits and drawbacks
- Determine whether or not these technologies and products would benefit the company.
Target Security Specialist Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a security specialist at Target or are presently working in that role and are writing a new resume/CV, you can create an effective Professional Experience section for your resume/CV by applying the sample Target security specialist job description provided above.
By using the above Target security specialist job description example, you can show the duties and responsibilities you have performed or are currently doing in the Professional Experience section of your resume.
This will help boost the quality of your resume/CV to convince the recruiter/employer to grant you an interview, especially if the new position that you are seeking requires some work experience as a security specialist with Target or similar companies.
Target Security Specialist Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
Here are major requirements you may need to meet to qualify for hiring as a security specialist with Target or other companies in similar industry:
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science is required (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT Security field
- 5 years of working experience in a retail setting or fast paced environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must possess strong PC troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Strong computer networking concepts and terminology knowledge
- Ability to find solutions to problems through effective analyses of issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
- Ability to effectively perform assigned duties independently
- Ability to communicate well with people, both vocally and in writing
- Good organizational skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Must be able to understand complex information and apply them appropriately
- Team player attitude
- Good attention to detail and strong ability to prioritize tasks
- Good organization and ability to follow through on tasks
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to handle pressure.
Target Security Specialist Salary
The average Target security specialist salary, according to Glassdoor, is $36 per hour ($72,000 per annum).
Target security specialist salaries may vary from $15 to $44 per hour, which comes down to $32,000 – $91520.
This post is useful to individuals seeking to work as a security specialist at Target or other similar companies, to learn all they need to know about the duties associated with the role.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to find and hire the best person for the vacant security specialist position in their organizations.
They can apply the sample Target security specialist job description provided on this page in making a detailed description of the role for use in the hiring process.