This post provides detailed information on the Talbots sales associate job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill to be hired for the Talbots sales associate role by most employers/recruiters.
What Does a Talbots Sales Associate Do?
The sales associate at Talbots is responsible for ensuring customers get exceptional shopping experience, and that they look and feel their best. He/she works with other team members in creating and advancing a culture of hospitality in the store.
The job description of the Talbots sales associate entails engaging and selling in a meaningful, timely, and relevant way to both new and existing customers.
It involves having a clear understanding of company objectives so as to make decisions that aligns well with company values and priorities.
Working with the management team, the associate is expected to create personal clienteling and sales strategies that will enable him/her achieve both personal and team sales goals.
The retail sales associate also needs to be forward thinking and solution-oriented to be able to meet customer needs.
He/she should be able to effectively communicate women fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace and build trust and credibility as a personal women fashion advisor.
With a good understanding of changes in the local market, which could significantly affect the business performance, the associate supports the implementation of local sales tactics and strategies.
The sales associate’s role involves completing daily operational tasks to Talbots standards in a timely and consistent manner, such as visual merchandising, cash wrap, and maintenance of sales floor and backroom.
He/she is expected to carry out assigned duties in accordance with the company’s retail policies and procedures, including Loss prevention procedures, Operations, and POS.
He/she is to take advantage of company technology and tools to enhance clienteling efforts and relationship building to increase sales and achieve individual goals.
The sales associate work description also entails replacing inventory on the sales floor and processing of shipments as required.
Talbots Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Sales associates at Talbots perform various functions in promoting a culture of hospitality and excellent customer service delivery at the store.
The following are typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the sales associate job description at Talbots:
- Provide support to areas of operational excellence as required
- Carry out planning and prioritization of duties to satisfy the needs of customers and business
- Ensure company assets are protected and that a safe work environment is maintained
- Adhere to all procedures and policies of company as well as employment laws (local, state, and federal)
- Carry out intentional conversation with confidence and curiosity to understand the needs and wants of customers
- Build strong lasting relationships with customers to meet sales goals and productivity targets, and apply company resources to enhance the brand experience
- Introduce Talbots’ services and products effortlessly to customers in an appropriate and timely manner with the aim of achieving key metrics in sales and service
- Represent the Talbots brand image in a professional manner
- Strategically recognize opportunities for increasing sales and reaching financial goals by keeping abreast of fashion trends, business and competitive landscape, and the key drivers of the industry.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Talbots Sales Associate Role
If you are looking to work at Talbots as a retail sales associate, the following are major requirements you may need to meet to be invited to an interview:
- Possess high school diploma or GED as an alternative
- Possess customer-centric attitude with strong understanding of the importance of outstanding customer service to growing store sales
- Strong drive in creating, building, and cultivating enduring relationships with customers
- Strong ability to work and be effective in a team setting; positive mental attitude and passion to achieve both personal and team goals
- Strong passion for selling and organization, and the ability to convert most store traffic into sales
- High degree of integrity in addition to strong verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work and be effective in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to carry out duties in a friendly, assertive, and professional manner, and to make decisions independently
- Strong working experience in sales with the ability to achieve and surpass performance standards
- Strong ability to put in at least 20 hours of work a week and operate flexible schedule, including nights, holidays, and weekends
- Strong ability to perform various movements, including walking, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, stooping, using stairs, bending, carrying, stretching, lifting objects up to 40 pounds, pulling, twisting, or reaching out with the arms, legs, or body
- Possess intermediate computer and keyboarding skills to effectively operate computer and/or handheld systems
- Strong ability to work effectively in a diverse environment with other people.
If you are seeking the job of a sales associate at Talbots and want to know what it entails, that is, the duties and responsibilities of the role, this post provides a sample of the position description you can use.
By having the knowledge of what sales associates do at Talbots and what is required for success on the job will help you to make the right choice about the career and to prepare well for it.