Oklahoma Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Oklahoma is $85,234 yearly.
This post presents exhaustive information on the salary of a software engineer in Oklahoma, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries in Oklahoma, to increase your knowledge of what to expect to be paid living and working in the State.
Please, read on:
Oklahoma State pays software engineers a salary of $85,234 yearly with a attached bonus of $4,000.
The State has a low cost of living standard of 86.8% and remains one of the States in the U.S. with the lowest of living cost.
It is ranked 40 out of the 50 states in the U.S. for software engineering jobs.
Software Engineer Salary across Oklahoma Cities
The difference in salary between the top paying Oklahoma city, Enid, $91,589, and the least paying, Moore, $74,865, is 20%.
Enid as the top paying city has a very active job market.
The other top paying Oklahoma cities are Midwest City and Lawton.
Lawton betters the State average by 1.4% and Enid, the top paying city beats the State average by 7.0%.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma State has many cities that are home to software engineers on various levels.
The table below highlights the cities with the highest pay for software engineers in the State of Oklahoma:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills in the State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma software engineers with the relevant and high paying skills earn more than those without them.
The list below shows the earning power of these skills and how much is added on to the salary of the software engineer in Oklahoma:
- Scala skilled software engineers in Oklahoma earn 24.30%, which amounts to $20,711 as yearly add-on to salary.
- Os Kernel skilled software engineers in Oklahoma earn 17.55%, which amounts to $14,958 as yearly add-on to salary.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in Oklahoma earn 17.35%, which amounts to $14,988 as yearly add on to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in Oklahoma earn 16.13%, which is $13,748 add-on to yearly salary.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in Oklahoma earn 11.91%, which is $9,980 add-on to yearly salary.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers in Oklahoma earn 10.99%, which is $9,367 add-on to yearly salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Oklahoma
Software engineers in Oklahoma are paid more salaries with higher number of years of experience on the job as shown below:
- Below one year working experience as a software engineer n Oklahoma earns $76,502 yearly.
- 1-2 years of experience as an Oklahoma software engineer earns $78,598 yearly as salary.
- 3-5 years working experience as an Oklahoma software engineer earns $85,000 yearly.
- 6-9 years of experience working in Oklahoma as a software engineer earns $89,900 yearly.
- 10 years and above experience as a software engineer in the State of Oklahoma earns $100,995 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of Oklahoma
The State of Oklahoma plays host to various companies that hire lots of software engineers.
These companies pay software engineers different salaries. The table below shows the companies with the highest salaries to software engineers in Oklahoma:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Oklahoma
Software engineers in the State of Oklahoma get more benefits as a result of working for the various high tech companies within the state.
Some of these benefits come up as long term and others as short term.
Below is a list of some of the benefits apart from salary that software engineers in Oklahoma stand to get:
- Stock Option. The Oklahoma software engineer is given stock option by the company they work for in the form of long term incentives.
The software engineer gets dividend as the company declares yearly, semi-yearly, or quarterly profits.
- Visa Assistance. Due to the nature of their job, software engineers in Oklahoma attend seminars, workshops, and conferences outside the country.
The Oklahoma software engineer is helped in getting visa to attend such events by the company they work for.
- Gym Membership. Keeping a sound body and mind is of great importance to the software engineer.
The Oklahoma software engineer is given help by the company they work for to enroll in top gym programs within the State to help keep fit and maintain their well-being.
- Commuter Assistance. Software engineers in Oklahoma State are assisted in getting to work easily by the company they work for with the provision of commuter assistance to help them ease up on transport and traffic.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Oklahoma
Software engineers in Oklahoma have related job titles, which are shown below (including the salaries they earn):
- Full stack developer in Oklahoma State earns $101,062 as yearly salary.
- Backend Developer in Oklahoma State earns $92,231 as yearly salary.
- Application developer in Oklahoma State earns $92,144 yearly salary.
- Frontend developer in Oklahoma State earns $85,488 as yearly salary.
- Developer in Oklahoma State earns $79,089 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Oklahoma
Compared to other States in the region (South), Oklahoma has the least salary structure for software engineers, with the tech companies paying software engineers $85,234 as yearly salary and a bonus of $4,000.
Oklahoma’s major attraction seems to be its low cost of living, but it is too far behind in the region to compete.
The cost of living in Oklahoma may be the deciding factor for software engineers considering a move to Oklahoma State.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Oklahoma
Software engineers in Oklahoma can hope to have an increase in their salaries through hard work and the occasional promotions.
However, here are ideas you can apply to increase your salary as a software engineer working and living in Oklahoma:
- Work for high paying companies. Getting an increase in salary comes to those who make the move from low paying companies to high paying ones in the State of Oklahoma.
See some of the high paying companies for software engineers in the State of Oklahoma above.
- Relocate. You can move to cities in Oklahoma that pay software engineers high, such as Cleveland.
Making a move to Cleveland or any of the other high paying cities listed above can greatly help increase your salary.
- Get good relevant skills. As a software engineer in Oklahoma who wants to increase their salary, you need to have a good set of skills.
The section on skills above highlights how software engineers in Oklahoma earn with the relevant and needed skills that they have.
- Educational degree. A good educational background with a sound degree is most welcome in your quest to increase your salary as a software engineer in Oklahoma.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Oklahoma
Software engineers in the State of Oklahoma have more career opportunities they can explore.
Shown below are career opportunities that software engineers in Oklahoma can explore, including what they earn:
- Aerospace engineers in the State of Oklahoma earn a yearly salary of $91,000.
- Product safety engineers in Oklahoma earn $86,000 yearly salary.
- Civil engineers in the State of Oklahoma earn $84,000 yearly.
- Industrial engineers in the State of Oklahoma earn $82,000 yearly.
- Computer programmers in Oklahoma earn $80,000 yearly.
The State of Oklahoma is not fast paced as most of the States in the South; it has the lowest salary for software engineers within the region ($85,234 yearly).
Software engineers interested in working and living in Oklahoma will find the low cost of living in the State an advantage.