This post provides complete information on the job description of a senior account manager, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they commonly perform.
What Does a Senior Account Manager Do?
The senior account manager in most firms is one who assists the company in generating new sales lead.
His/her job description entails managing the company’s sales staff; this could include delegating various responsibilities and tasks that need to be done to the sales staff and monitoring their activities.
They are in charge of all the sales processes of the company.
Their role is basically administrative. They see to it and ensure that all sales personnel are on their peak performance.
These professionals are also responsible for handling interaction with clients/customers in order to know their needs, so as to be able to meet them effectively – They focus on very important customer interactions and also handle multiple client accounts.
Included in their work description are duties such as dealing with marketing campaigns, and leading and overseeing projects.
They are also known for managing huge expenditures and budgets for their companies.
The senior account manager oversees projects and business relationships with assigned accounts, and exceeding customers’ expectations.
He or she plays a huge role in establishing productive solutions for the company.
They also oversee business relationships and provide support for both internal and external communications. They ensure the smooth running of projects
Also, these professionals work with others from other sectors like digital, advertising, and marketing departments.
Another key part of their job is making contact with clients on a daily basis, and as such senior account managers have s to be effective in their communication process.
On a regular basis they are involved with pitching their companies’ products to clients. This means they need to have confidence and assertiveness.
This is one position in any company that requires an effective leadership, which is needed by the manager to encourage his/her staff team and motivate them towards performing at their peak.
The senior account manager is also responsible for ensuring sales and providing support to the organization’s product and service.
He/she takes the lead on all aspects of company sales process and relates with all necessary departments to evolve strategies for increasing sales.
This position requires being proactive; the ability to anticipate potential customer and service problems and establish solutions before they become obvious.
Senior Account Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Here is an example of a typical senior account manager’s job description, highlighting important tasks, duties, and responsibilities they usually contain:
- Management of clients’ advertising and marketing campaigns on a daily basis
- Pitch new ideas to clients
- Oversee projects and campaigns
- Evaluate the processes in assigned business accounts with possible solutions when needed
- Look out for additional buyers within the existing customer location
- Ensure relationship with assigned client is positive
- Participate in establishing productive solution and product direction
- Contribute to the enhancement of the company’s revenue
- Oversee projects and campaigns
- Manage company’s sales process
- Manage company’s budgets
- Manage company’s expenditure
- Generate leads
- Manage client relationship
- Engage in administrative tasks as instructed
Senior Account Manager Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume for the position of senior account manager, content from the sample job description given above can be applied in writing certain sections of it, including the work experience part.
Senior Account Manager Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities for Career Success
There are essential skills and other competencies and requirements one must meet in order to be considered for the position of senior account manager by the majority of employers. Some of them are listed below:
- Organizational skills
- He or she must be familiar with the various available project management tools and communication vehicle
- Management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities
- Ability to effectively manage stress
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively – both orally and in written form
- Leadership skills
- Impressive negotiation skills
- Good presentation skills
- Previous experience in similar organization or similar position
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to produce results despite the pressure
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Must be self-motivated
- Competence in the use of the computer and relevant applications
- Decision making skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to manage finance effectively