This post provides detailed information on the parking lot attendant job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired for the parking lot attendant role by most recruiters/employers.
What Does a Parking Lot Attendant Do?
Parking lot attendants are responsible for operational activities that occur in a parking facility or lot, such as leading patrons into open spots, parking of vehicles, and taking of payments from already packed vehicles.
Their job description entails taking numbered tags from patrons and helping them to locate and retrieve vehicles from storage garages, parking lots, or new car lots where they were packed.
On the alternative, they provide instructions to customers on how to locate their vehicles.
Their role also involves ensuring that parking spaces are well maximized by keeping them orderly and clean.
By applying flashlights or signals, lot attendants give direction to motorists to enable them park properly in designated areas.
They are also responsible for preventing theft and damage to vehicles or properties by patrolling larking area.
The parking lot attendant work description also entails greeting customers and opening doors for them; calculating charges for parking and collecting appropriate fee from customers.
It also involves placing numbered tags on windshield of vehicles and giving customers matching tags that they can use in locating their packed vehicles. They may alternatively issue ticket stubs to patrons.
Parking Lot Attendant Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Parking lots attendants perform various functions in ensuring a satisfactory parking experience to patrons.
The typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities commonly associated with the lot attendant role are presented in the job description example below:
- Park vehicles in open spots and carry out valet duties
- Park/deliver vehicles and take tickets from waiting customers
- Park as much vehicles as possible in a given space by manipulating vehicles
- Receive fees from customers who park in the garage
- Lift up signs advertising fees for parking lot
- Get tow trucks for someone who packed their vehicles illegally
- Give out tags to customers to display on their windshields
- Ensure cleanliness of parking lot and that debris is removed
- Apply lights and hand signal to guide patrons driving into open spots
- Carry out vehicular checks to spot possible damage
- Ensure proper functioning of cameras to capture possible accidents
- Mount barricades at spots where parking is restricted and remove when parking is allowed
- Greet and open doors for customers
- Give out change to customers who pay fee to park
- Assist customers in locating their vehicles
- Settle disputes between customers concerning parking lot
- If necessary, escort customers to where their vehicles are parked
- On customer request, call for tow trucks or cabs
- Give green-light to motorists entering the garage after identification has been checked
- Assist customers in filling and changing of flat tires, replacing batteries, and performing minor maintenance work on their vehicles
- Assist patrons to safely exit parking garage
- Give directions to customers on the nearest destinations or highway
- Assist patrons in getting their vehicles started if necessary.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Parking Lot Attendant Role
If you are seeking to work as a parking lot attendant, you will need to meet certain requirements by employers, including certain skills, abilities, and qualifications.
Here are common requirements most hirers may expect you to satisfy to be considered for the parking lot attendant role:
- Strong ability to read and interpret operating and maintenance instruction, procedure manuals, safety rules, and other related documents
- Strong ability to speak clearly and concisely that everyone could understand
- Ability to easily and willingly adapt to competing or shifting priorities
- Strong ability to remain focused against distractions or interruptions, or during crisis situations
- Strong ability to stay calm and reasonable during stressful or intense situations
- Ability to adhere to acceptable rules, procedures, and guidelines when performing duties
- Good interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to successfully complete all relevant models/training courses
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including carrying moderately heavy loads, squatting, bending, pushing, and pulling
- Ability to maintain high standard of productivity and efficiency while standing.
If you are an employer looking to hire for the parking lot attendant position in your organization, the sample job description provided in this post can assist you in making one for the role in your firm.
You can easily make a detailed description of the position in your organization by applying information in this article, which can enable you receive application from the best qualified individuals for the job.
This post is also beneficial to you if you are interested in the parking attendant job. You will be able to learn all about the duties and responsibilities of the role and so will be able to decide if you are suited for the role or not.