JCPenney Sales Associate Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a JCPenney Sales Associate Do?
The sales associate at JCPenney is responsible for assisting customers with service and ensuring that the sales floor is neat and organized all the time.
His/her job description entails seeking out customers from the sales floor to the register and ensuring that they have a great shopping experience by greeting them and listening to them express their needs, and giving them the necessary help that they need so that they can come back again.
It also involves being always available where customers are to provide assistance to them at the point they need help, as well as also provide support to co-workers who might be needing assistance.
The JCPenney sales associate role also involves maintaining product presentation by frequently making changes to product display, to show current merchandise and fashion trends.
He/she is responsible for restocking the store from understanding what customers’ needs are. He/she frequently checks products levels to detect which one is running low and to replenish it quickly so customers can have the exact product style and size that they want.
The retail sales associate work description also involves learning about JCPenney business processes and merchandise by using the company’s training materials, as well as learning from co-workers.
This helps to improve work performance of sales associates and their career growth with the company.
He/she is expected to consistently demonstrate WORTH behavior and partner with other co-workers for additional support where necessary.
He/she helps customers to resolve whatever problem they are having with much excitement and enthusiasm.
He/she provides assistance to customers regarding JCPenney programs, including credit, gift card, and reward programs, as well as promotes programs that help to improve customer service and drive sales, such as the Findmore program.
The sales associate’s duties also include completing checkout processes for customers, including handling re-ticketing and returns.
It also involves providing assistance at all checkouts with the signing and merchandising standards while carrying out stocking and merchandising tasks.
When additional assistance is required in checkout, the sales associate is expected to be proactive in calling for help.
He/she supports line management by utilizing Point of Sale on Mobile Warrior device, and also provides assistance to Omnichannel as required.
The sales associate participates in JCPenney annual inventory processes and assists with recovery. His/her responsibilities also entails putting backs and fitting room maintenance as required.
He/she is expected to consistently meet set performance standards for the sales associate role, including JCPenney iCAP program, customer service, product and service sales, profit, attendance, and productivity.
JCPenney Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
JCPenney sales associates perform various functions in ensuring customers get excellent service that will encourage them to come back.
The kind of duties, tasks, and responsibilities typically assigned to sales associates at JCPenney are shown in the job description example below:
- Apply the Greet, Respect, and Thank approach always when in contact with customers to find out how you can be of help to them in getting the right product and completing sales
- Listen actively, calmly, and agreeably to customers’ complaints and ensure they are resolved quickly and that customers leave with a great experience
- Go regularly to every part of the store, including stock room and sales floor throughout the shift to ensure customers are effectively served
- Watch product and customer traffic across the areas assigned and take appropriate position to impact customer experience positively
- Be well knowledgeable about JCPenney products to be able to deliver outstanding service to customers by interacting with other associates
- Provide solutions to problems and make the right decisions that can result in increased customer service, sales, and profit; make sure assigned tasks are executed effectively and efficiently
- Be an inspiration for higher performance to self and others; provide top-notch customer service
- Cooperate with customers to build respectful and inclusive relationships
- Take responsibility for actions initiated and results obtained
- Seek ways to enhance customer experience delivered
- Be confident and courageous to make the right decisions and take the right actions; demonstrate energy and urgency in actions.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for JCPenney Sales Associate Role
If you are looking to be hired at JCPenney as a retail sales associate, the following are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be sure you will be able to succeed on the job:
- Strong ability to solve problems and make the right decisions
- Strong time management skills to execute tasks effectively and efficiently
- Self-motivated with the ability to inspire other associates to improve their performance
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to build good relationships with customers and co-workers
- Ability to take accountability for actions and results
- Strong ability to act proactively in finding ways of enhancing the customer experience
- Ability to summon the courage and confidence to do what is right
- Ability to perform tasks with urgency and energy.
The sample job description provided in this post will guide individuals interested in a career in retail store to learn about the role, including the tasks and responsibilities expected of sales associates at JCPenney stores.
This article is also useful to employers needing to recruit retail sales associates, to apply in creating a suitable description for the role in their company.
Did your knowledge of what JCPenney sales associates do improve by reading this post? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also share your job description and experience if you work as a retail sales associate at any JCPenney store.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.