This post provides detailed information on the ICT business analyst job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights major requirements that you may be expected to meet to be hired for the ICT business analyst role.
What Does an ICT Business Analyst Do?
ICT business analysts are responsible for developing and implementing technology systems to optimize business processes and maximize profits for an organization.
The ICT business analyst job description entails employing technical strategies in designing systems that meet the requirements of both clients and company management.
Business analysts carry out investigations and analysis to gain full knowledge of business processes and practices of an organization.
They utilize the data obtained from a business survey to create systems and software solutions for an organization.
They also identify errors or flaws in business/system methods to suggest action plans for improvement.
In performing their duties, business analysts for ICT collaborate with users and customers to determine best practices and guidelines for a business.
They employ project management methodology and techniques in developing and managing project plans.
They also lookout for new ways to improve and deliver value to business clientele.
Usually, business analysts develop functional system specifications for system developers.
They use data and process modelling techniques to create distinct system specifications for the design and development of system software.
Their role also involves preparing training manuals and overseeing orientation of end users.
As part of their work description, ICT business analysts direct system management and act as central reference point for information and decision concerning a system project.
They ensure good programming is available throughout the process of business development.
They also maintain accurate record and documentation of useful information for reference purposes.
Business analysts in fulfilling their role develop and implement cost effective solutions to meet the business requirements of an organization.
They conduct system test plans to ensure the quality and integrity of a system. They also maintain contact with users to obtain feedback and assist with the resolution of issues.
The ICT business analyst job requires a Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science or computer engineering.
To excel on this job requires certain qualities, including troubleshooting, IT, and communication skills.
ICT Business Analyst Job Description Example/Template
Business analysts on ICT perform various functions geared towards optimizing business processes and increasing company profits.
The job description usually executed by holders of this position typically consists of the tasks, duties, and responsibilities shown in the example below:
- Carry out analysis to define configuration specifications and business technological requirements
- Develop and implement best practices and processes for improved system methods
- Run system tests to monitor performance and ensure optimum quality
- Liaise with customers to determine best practices and guidelines for system functionality
- Prepare training documentation for users as well as organize formal sessions and seminars
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IT and business processes
- Use process and data modelling techniques to develop and manage system software
- Utilize IT resources to create IT solutions effective in meeting the requirements of an organization
- Proffer recommendations to upper management on ways to maximize profits by improving systems processes
- Maintain accurate records of relevant technical and business information
- Communicate with users to obtain feedback and assist in resolving issues
- Conduct research to identify ways to improve systems performance and efficiency
- Collaborate with technical specialists such as systems analysts and developers to optimize and enhance a system
- Oversee the budget preparation and planning of resources for a project
- Monitor systems development processes to ensure successful project completion.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for ICT Business Analyst Role
If you are interested in the job of an ICT business analyst, here are major requirements you may need to satisfy to be considered by most employers for the role:
- Education and Training: To become an ICT business analyst, you require a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or IT, or in a related discipline. Certifications in business analysis as awarded by Information Systems Examination Board or other recognized bodies are also required. Experience in business, systems analysis or quality assurance is a plus for the position
- Troubleshooting Skills: ICT business analysts are able to conduct analysis and tests to identify issues in a system and provide solutions to effectively resolve such issues
- IT Skills: They are adept at developing, maintaining, and running systems software to meet the technological needs of a business.
- Communication Skill: They are able to clearly communicate technical solutions and requirements to end users and company management.
Do you need to hire for the ICT business analyst job? If you do, then you can apply the sample ICT business analyst job description given in this post in designing a good work description that is effective in attracting the best candidates for the position.
The information given in this post will also help individuals interested in working as a business analyst on ICT to know more about the duties and responsibilities of the role and so be better prepared for it.