Hotel Sales Executive Job Description Example
What Does a Hotel Sales Executive Do?
Hotel sales executives generally oversee activities that attract client patronage and maximum profit for hotels.
Their job description entails selling of hotel services to customers to generate revenue for the management.
In performing their duties, hotel sales executives make lists of potential clients or groups and conduct survey to discover customers actively seeking hotel services.
They usually place calls or arrange meetings with potential clients to identify their requirements and needs.
They prepare and present sales proposals to prospective clients, highlighting their hotel service features and qualities.
Their role also involves providing customers with a list of available services and their accompanying prices; they may offer discounts when necessary.
Sales executives at hotels are also responsible for addressing customer doubts to convince them to subscribe to their service.
They assist clients in selecting the most appropriate service that meets their specification.
Their work description also involves overseeing the booking and reservation of space in a hotel and collaborating with other hotel staff to ensure clients have a good stay/event at the hotel.
As part of their duties, hotel sales executives monitor the customer service quality of hotels to ensure clients are tended appropriately.
They conduct price negotiations with customers on behalf of the management to strike a favorable bargain.
In fulfilling their role, hotel sales executives process and facilitate requests for customized services such as room redecoration and equipment switch.
They coordinate and organize the details of an event, such as the seating arrangement, catering, lodging, and security.
They are also responsible for resolving and quelling any misunderstanding or contention within hotel premises.
Hotel sales executives as part of their tasks maintain contact with clients in order to obtain feedback, and discuss opportunities for future business deal.
They conduct assessment of sales performance to make necessary adjustments for boosting patronage.
They also set annual budgets and implement strategies effective for achieving set targets.
To work as a hotel sales executive, you will need to have a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or accounting, or other business related field.
To be effective on this job, some of the qualities you require include communication, leadership, and organizational skills.
Hotel Sales Executive Job Description Example/Template
The hotel sales executive’s role is important to the success of any hotel establishment.
The job description below gives a list of the typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities to expect to be assigned by most hirers if you are seeking the position:
- Make lists of potential clients and conduct surveys to identify customers actively seeking a hotel
- Contact customers via calls or arranged meetings to discover their needs and requirements
- Prepare and present sales proposal to potential clients, highlighting the best features and qualities of the hotel
- Provide customers with a list of available services and their accompanying prices and offer discounts when necessary
- Assist clients in selecting the most appropriate service that best meet their specifications and needs
- Oversee the booking and reservation of space in a hotel to ensure availability and proper arrangement
- Collaborate with other hotel staff to ensure clients have a good time
- Monitor the customer service quality of the hotel to ensure customers are tended to appropriately
- Conduct price negotiations with customers on behalf of the hotel management to reach a favorable bargain for both parties
- Process and facilitate requests for customized services such as room redecoration, equipment, and switch
- Coordinate and organize the details of an event such as catering, lodging, seating, and security
- Resolve and quell misunderstandings within a hotel premises
- Maintain contact with clients to obtain feedback and to discuss opportunities for future business deals
- Set annual budgets and implement strategies effective for achieving set targets
- Conduct assessment of sales performance to make necessary adjustments to increase patronage.
Hotel Sales Executive Resume Preparation
To make a resume for the job of a hotel sales executive, it is important to include a section in your resume that highlights experiences you have had working in the role.
This will help make the resume stronger as employers can see you have the necessary experience to do the job with little or no supervision.
To help you create the work experience section for your hotel sales executive resume is the sample job description for the position provided above.
The functions of the role that are highlighted in the work description are the typical duties and responsibilities of the position that you would have actually carried out working as a sales executive in a hotel.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Hotel Sales Executive Job
If you are aspiring to work as a hotel sales executive, the following are the common requirements, including skills, abilities, and qualifications that most employers will expect you to meet to be able to access the job:
- Education and Training: To become a hotel sales executive, you will be required to have a Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline such as accounting, economics, and finance. Having a specialization in hospitality management is also vital for the hotel sales executive job position
- Communication Skill: Hotel sales executives are well versed in interacting with potential clients and regular customers to identify their needs
- Leadership Skills: Hotel sales executives are expected to have leadership skills to be able to coordinate and supervise the activities of some hotel staff to ensure delivery of optimum services
- Organizational Skills: They should be skilled in organizing events and coordinating hotel operations to ensure customer needs are met
- Pre-employment tests: To prove that you possess the desired qualities for this job, you may be required to take certain pre-employment assessment tests.
Hotel Sales Executive Skills for Resume
To ensure your hotel sales executive resume is as strong as possible, you will also need to include the skills section where you show prospective employers the qualities you have that will make you exceptional on the job.
To make this section more appealing to employers, you may use the above qualities, but make sure you actually have them before highlighting them in your resume.
Since those are the qualities employers normally look out for when hiring new sales executives for hotels, seeing them in your resume will make it more attractive to them.
Are you thinking of working in a hotel as a sales executive? If so, the job description for the role provided in this post shows you the major duties and responsibilities to expect to perform if hired.
Also, if you are a recruiting manager for a hotel looking to hire a sales executive, the job description template provided in this post can be useful in designing a work description for new staff.
Did this post increase your knowledge of what hotel sales executives do? Please share your thoughts or additional functions for the role that you may have in the box below.