This post provides complete information on the Home Depot plumbing associate job description, to increase your know of what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly make up the Home Depot plumbing associate work description.
It also presents the major requirements that you will be expected to fulfil if you are seeking the plumbing associate role with the Home Depot or other like companies.
Please, continue reading:
What does a Home Depot Plumbing Associate Do?
The Home Depot plumbing associate job description involves serving as the plumbing store’s go-to person for answers to their client’s and employees’ inquiries about equipment.
It also entails locating and maintaining product knowledge on all plumbing-related products to provide customers with prompt, efficient service, while ensuring high standards of customer satisfaction.
The plumbing associate at the Home Depot maintains professional appearance and demeanor; uses discretion in personal appearance, actions, expressions, and conversation.
Their duties also involve promoting company’s image by exhibiting behaviors that are consistent with the Company Standards of Business Conduct (CSBC).
The Home Depot plumbing associate maintains regular and punctual attendance; minimize absences and tardiness.
They follow all company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, including work rules as well as safety guidelines for working with tools, equipment, products, and chemicals.
The plumbing associate at the Home Depot documents service requests from customers on a service ticket.
He/she researches problems using internet connection and provide customers with product information and pricing as requested or directed by management.
Home Depot plumbing associates sell and promote products by providing exceptional customer service to all retail store customers and other employees and vendors as needed.
Their job description also involves controlling inventory according to company standards.
They assist customers in loading heavy plumbing supplies into their vehicles; they are available for extended periods of time, if needed.
The plumbing associate utilizes effective communication and presentation skills with customers, employees, vendors, and suppliers to ensure complete understanding of company policies and procedures, such as pricing, inventory availability, and ordering.
More on Home Depot Plumbing Associate Job Description
Home Depot plumbing associates perform physical activities such as walking, standing, stooping, and climbing stairs.
They are able to work in either hot or cold conditions at the pre-determined warehouse set point.
They perform basic computer functions in order to utilize automated equipment within the warehouse, including, but not limited to: enter information, print shipping labels, and research products.
The plumbing associate job description also entails speaking with customers on a regular basis to ensure that they receive exemplary service in all aspects of their visit to the Home Depot store; providing customer-related updates as necessary to the manager.
The Home Depot plumbing associate evaluates and provides input on the daily work schedule as required and is able to flex/work in other areas as needed.
They maintain a safe working environment by following all safety rules, regulations, and equipment instructions.
Plumbing associates at Home Depot follow established sales floor organization and merchandising guidelines.
They ensure that displays and shelves are clean and well-maintained in accordance with guidelines.
The plumbing associate at the Home Depot maintains acceptable levels of inventory, according to established company guidelines.
They monitor security systems within the store or warehouse at all times.
Home Depot Plumbing Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Home Depot plumbing associate job description involves the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Responsible for moving items to and from storage areas
- Assist drivers with loading/unloading items from delivery trucks and moving them to storage areas
- Follow procedures for receiving, stocking, pricing, and issuing goods
- Remove items from saleable condition and replace with new or demonstrator stock as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with state and local rules and regulations regarding sales practices
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule required, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Maintain cleanliness of store facilities and surrounding areas from trash during restocking periods
- Maintains customer service standards
- Assist customers by locating merchandise
- Under direction, sets up promotional displays
- Follows safety guidelines and complies with company policy regarding safe work practices.
Home Depot Plumbing Associate Requirements: Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills for Career Success
If you are interested in working for the Home Depot as a plumbing associate, here are major requirements you might be expected to fulfil to be hired:
- Having a high school diploma educational qualification or GED
- Being at least 18 years old
- Be able to work rotating shifts
- Work outdoor in all weather conditions
- Ability to work excellently in a team as well as an individual
- Work inside stores so be able to stand for long periods of time
- Bring excellent customer service skills, both verbal and written
- They must be able to read, write, and speak the English language well enough to communicate job duties effectively
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Holds a valid driver’s license with ability to maintain a clean driving record.
Home Depot Plumbing Associate Salary
Home Depot pays its plumbing associate salary of around $13.00 per hour. It is an average salary which falls in the middle when it comes to salaries in the United States, but it can range between $11and 17 per hour.
Home Depot plumbing associate jobs are available in almost every state. The salary of the plumber changes depending on which state you work even if it is at the same company.
It depends on how much cost of living there is in that particular state.
If you are interested in the plumbing associate career at the Home Depot or other companies, this post helps you learn all you need to know about the duties and responsibilities of the role so you can decide rightly if it’s the job you want to do.
This post is also useful to recruiters/employers needing to hire for the plumbing associate position; they can apply the sample Home Depot plumbing associate job description provided on this page in creating a detailed description for the role for use in their recruitment process.