Amazon Flex Warehouse Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a flex warehouse associate at Amazon, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon flex warehouse associate position.
It also provides the commonly requirements to be hired for the flex warehouse associate role at the Amazon or other like companies.
Please, read on:
What does Amazon Flex Warehouse Associate Do?
An Amazon flex warehouse associate is a member of a team of warehouse employees that picks, packs, and ships customer purchases.
He/she is in charge of processing work orders, packaging orders for transport, unloading stock deliveries, and finding products.
The associate uses a hand-held scanner to locate items and bring the product into the pick station.
He/she then associates the right shipping label with each individual package and places it on the conveyor belt for packing.
A dedicated team of Amazon flex warehouse associates will place boxes in bins and scan each box before they move onto another conveyor belt, where the items are passed to another team of associates.
When the bin is full, it is placed onto a conveyor belt, which moves down an aisle and into a machine that reads the label outside the box.
These machines then pass via belts to workers who manually remove each item from its packaging and place it on the right conveyor belt.
The receiving area of the facility requires associates to manually retrieve customer products that have been shipped to our fulfillment locations.
Associates unload the items from outside storage onto conveyor belts, where they are then sent to pick stations for further processing.
The flex warehouse associate is responsible for entering data about each shipment, including quantity and weight of products shipped, tracking numbers, and addresses of customers who received the package.
The associate documents any damage or shortages with a handheld computer and places a report inside the package.
Once a bin is empty, it moves back to the receiving area where it is processed and restocked.
The Amazon flex warehouse associate may have to manually remove inventory from the bin and place each item on a conveyor belt, and then pass them to another team of associates working in this area.
The flex warehouse associate is responsible for inspecting products and packaging them in boxes/cartons.
He/she scans each unit code or case label on products entering the department to ensure that all products are accounted for and follows up with missing items to locate and reapply.
The associate must follow safety procedures for working with heavy machinery, harmful chemicals, and other potentially dangerous situations.
The Amazon flex warehouse associate is responsible for entering data about each shipment, including quantity and weight of products shipped, tracking numbers, and addresses of customers who received the package.
They are also responsible for receiving, storing, and retrieving inventory for use by associates.
Their duties also include communicating with managers, supervisors, co-workers, and customers in person, on the phone, or in writing.
Amazon Flex Warehouse Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of an Amazon flex warehouse associate usually consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Fulfils customer orders by picking, packing, and shipping their products to customers using their own vehicle
- Works with Amazon Flex dispatch system to receive and fulfil customer orders
- Delivers products safely, securely, and precisely as specified by the customer order details
- May explain how to use any included features of an item (e.g., assembly) if it is necessary for customers to understand the product they are receiving before they receive it
- Adhere to a safe driving practice and to a professional standard of care at all times while engaged in fulfilling customer orders for Amazon Flex
- Communicates directly with customers to accept or decline requests, answer questions, resolve concerns, or deliver products from their order
- Communicates directly with Amazon Flex Dispatch using the Amazon Flex web application and mobile application
- Completes required reports for their work on a weekly basis, such as keeping track of miles driven on their own vehicle and time worked during each shift. – may be required to attend certain training session
- Provides feedback regarding their experience with our company and services to help improve the quality of our services
- May be required to share their performance feedback with the operations manager if they are having difficulty meeting performance standards
- Works closely with management on an as needed basis, within the scope of this job description, to improve service delivery
- Has regular interaction with other departments including Customer Service, Sales, Operations Managers and corporate personnel
- May be required to work at different Amazon Flex locations, including Drop Off, PrePaid, and Customer Fulfillment Centers (Amazon FCs)
- Provides and maintains quality customer service by ensuring that all products meet the same high standard of excellence, regardless of location
- Must follow identification policies for themselves and their vehicle while on a shift, in order to reduce the risk of a security breach or unauthorized access
- Must follow the instructions from Amazon Flex, including instructions from their dispatch software when on a shift; will be directed when and how to make deliveries during each shift based on the availability of orders.
Amazon Flex Warehouse Associate Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are major requirements you may be expected to fulfil to be hired for the flex warehouse associate role at Amazon or other similar companies:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent educational qualification such as GED
- Ability to work in extreme conditions or in severe weather
- Must have valid driver’s license and personal vehicle. Must be at least 21 years old or older, due to Federal regulations associated with the use of motor vehicles
- All warehouse associates must pass a background check before starting on-the-job training
- Capable of lifting 49 pounds frequently
- Does not require experience, however an aptitude will be desired, in regards to picking/packing functions for the position.
Amazon Flex Warehouse Associate Salary
According to Glassdoor website, the average pay for a flex warehouse associate working for Amazon is $16.00 per hour, and can range from $15.00 to $20.00 per hour.
However, compensation for a flex warehouse associates at Amazon can vary greatly based on company and location.
Also, perks usually received by flex warehouse associate may add to the appeal for the career.
This post is beneficial to individuals who desire a career with Amazon or other companies as a flex warehouse associate, to boost their knowledge of what the role entails.
They will be able to decide rightly if the flex warehouse associate career is best for them.
This article is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire the best person for the vacant flex warehouse associate position in their companies.
They can make a comprehensive description of the available flex warehouse associate position in their companies by utilizing the sample Amazon flex warehouse associate job description on this page, which they can use in their hiring process.