Home Depot Appliance Specialist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post presents exhaustive information on the job description of appliance specialist at the Home Depot to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly constitute the Home Depot appliance specialist work description.
It also provides the major requirements you will be expected to fulfil to be hired as an appliance specialist at the Home Depot or other similar retailers.
The appliance specialist salary information at the Home Depot is also contained in this post.
Please, read on:
What does an Appliance Specialist do at Home Depot?
The Home Depot appliance specialist performs a variety of tasks to provide customers with efficient, accurate, and courteous service; such as answering customer questions; assisting with product selection; locating products for customers’ order; and filling orders on an assembly line or at a workbench.
The appliance specialist at Home Depot ensures the quality of the products sold by inspecting merchandise; measuring dimensions; counting pieces; and identifying defective items.
They keep records on sales and inventory; record customer requests for information; and report discrepancies in stock records to manager.
The Home Depot appliance specialist job description also involves providing customer assistance, including locating product or determining availability, quoting prices, checking references regarding product warranty coverage, obtaining additional information about product specifications or credit terms, and processing payment for products purchased.
They arrange merchandise on pallets and racks to meet customer requirements; label and date cases to be stored in warehouse; remove faulty stock from the sales floor.
The appliance specialist at Home Depot operate merchandise handling equipment, such as hand trucks, forklifts or automatic unloading equipment; act as receiving clerk to unload trucks.
They transport products using wheeled carts, hand trucks or dollies.
The appliance specialist packages and marks shipments for delivery; weighs packages for billing purposes; loads merchandise into customer vehicles or sales floor displays.
They assists in warehouse operations such as moving, shelving, sorting and counting stock; repairs or replaces defective merchandise; assists in receiving and shipping including unloading trucks and railcars, moving heavy items, handling cargo and performing related duties.
The Home Depot appliance specialist work description also includes rotating stock to ensure even wear; inspecting for damages or missing parts; tagging/labelling products with prices.
They arrange merchandise on sales floor according to customer preferences, store model or planogram.
The appliance specialist checks returned merchandise to ensure that it is in resalable condition; performs minor repairs such as tightening loose screws or straightening bent hangers; removes defective items from sale floor.
They provide recommendations to customers regarding product selection or application; provides information about the features and benefits of products, how products are used together, where special orders can be placed or obtained, warranties or after-sale services available for products sold.
The appliance specialist at Home Depot recommends other items that may be required to complete a project, such as paint, screws, drill bits or wire.
They provide advice about the suitability of products for specific application.
They assist in merchandising displays, maximizing display area by increasing product density and height; creates seasonal, holiday and special promotional displays.
The appliance specialist at Home Depot may serve as a model on sales floor to show customers how to use special features of products.
They may assist in public relations efforts such as planning community activities and store openings.
The appliance specialist at Home Depot maintains safe and clean working conditions by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; performs housekeeping tasks; maintains orderly work areas; and ensuring that shelves are neatly arranged.
Home Depot Appliance Specialist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The job description of the appliance specialist at the Home Depot is usually made up of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Arrange merchandise on pallets or racks to meet customer requirements; label and date cases
- Remove faulty stock from the sales floor
- Operate merchandise handling equipment such as hand trucks, forklifts or automatic unloading equipment; act as receiving clerk to unload trucks
- Transport products using wheeled carts, hand trucks or dollies
- Package and mark shipments for delivery; weigh packages for billing purposes; load merchandise into customer vehicles or sales floor displays
- Assist in warehouse operations such as moving, shelving, sorting and counting stock.
- Repair or replace defective merchandise
- Assist in receiving and shipping, including unloading trucks and breaking down cartons
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance duties such as sweeping, mopping, and restocking supplies and equipment
- Replace light bulbs or fluorescent tubes; dust furniture and shelves;
- Collect trash and discard non-saleable material
- Sets up or assist in setting up displays for incoming or current merchandise
- Operate cash registers to complete transactions
- Operate point of sale equipment
- Maintain records on stock inventory and replenishment orders; verify stock shipments against invoices; notify supervisor or manager of incorrect shipments.
Home Depot Appliance Specialist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the appliance specialist job at the Home Depot or other similar companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Ability to read, speak and write English with an understanding of technical concepts
- Good knowledge in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and gas fitting
- Basic mathematical skills
- Can drive safely and holds a valid driver’s license
- Have good customer service skills
- Can work independently with little or no supervision
- Can deal effectively with people in stressful situations
- Be able to coordinate the activities of several people at the same time
Home Depot Appliance Specialist Salary
The median salary for an appliance specialist at The Home Depot is $14 per hour. Salaries can range from 11 – 19 dollars, as seen on the Glassdoor website.
This post is useful to individuals interested in working at the Home Depot or other retail companies as an appliance specialist; they will be able to increase their knowledge of what the job entails and decide if that is what they want to do.
It is also helpful to companies in the retail industry like the Home Depot who are seeking to hire the best people for the vacant appliance specialist position in their companies.
They can create a detailed job description of the role using the sample Home Depot appliance specialist job description provided on this page for use in their hiring process.