Grocery Store Manager Resume Sample
Writing a good resume for the grocery store manager position is easier to accomplish by studying several samples of such resumes written by professional resume writers, like the one below.
As shown in this example, emphasis should be placed on experience and competence. The new employer must be able to see what you can do and are bringing to their company.
Take some time to study the different sections in this resume, using it as a template you can come up with a great resume for yourself.
Grocery Store Manager Resume Sample/Example/Template
ABC Link Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 555-9999, Cell: (222) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Seeking to work as a Grocery Store Manager, bringing enormous passion and experience to the delivering of exceptional customer service and meeting the company’s sales growth and cost control targets.
- Over 6 years evidence of competence and experience
- Great skill in creating enthusiasm for work in grocery store attendants
- Great skill in organization and arrangement of grocery store in orderly fashion which in itself is capable of attracting customers of different kind
- Exceptional ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time and achieve optimum result
- Exceptional human relation and communication skills required to work cordially with all team members
- Unmatched ability in performing mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, and when and how to apply them
- Strong expertise in reading and interpreting important documents and symbols, which include procedure manuals, safety rules, diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions
- Proven ability in coordinating order, service and customer care inside and outside the store
- Exceptional and ingenious in cash handling procedures, including cashier accountability and deposit control.
XYZ Grocery Store, Orange, California
2008 – Present
Grocery Store Manager
- Help maximize and increase sales
- Create and ensure an active relationship with all support staff and supervisors
- Responsible for the interview, recruitment, education of associates; planning, designating, and coordinating work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure the right usage, handling and management of all the equipment within the store
- Strict adherence to the company’s and Government rules and laws for the running of a grocery store
- Help improve and manage team strategy to foster associate morale for great result, communication, and ultimately working conditions
- Accomplish the store sales goal and surpass it
- Help others improve and adhere to company human resource and personnel policies as well as state and federal laws
- Encourage, enforce and maintain store, regional and national policies and programs
- Oversee the tasks of sales and related employees, including retail salespersons, cashiers, customer service representatives, stock clerks and order fillers
- Ensure proper stocking of shelves and promotional display
- Ensure maintenance of high standard of merchandising, placement, store signage, and enviable display methods to enable an attractive atmosphere for customers
- Get up-to-date consciousness of competitive activity in the immediate marketing area
- Help the store in achieving and keeping a friendly and working moral for customers and workers
- Conduct specials projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, University of Baltimore, 2006
- Current and valid Child Development Associate (CDA)
- CPR / First Aid Certified
- JCM / Human Relation Certified.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.