This post provides exhaustive information on the Dollar General store manager job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that they perform.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired for the store manager role at Dollar General or other companies in the same industry.
What Does a Dollar General Store Manager Do?
The Dollar General store manager job description entails ensuring that all customers are satisfied with their shopping experience at his or her store.
It also involves hiring employees to work at the store, and ensuring that they have the skills necessary to perform their jobs effectively.
The store manager needs to make sure that employees are not stealing from the store.
One of your primary responsibilities as a Dollar General store manager is to train and supervise your employees.
This means that you should set an example by showing them how to act professionally.
You should also help them learn new skills and techniques so that they can become better workers.
Your other responsibility is to ensure that your store has enough inventories to meet customer demand.
If your store runs out of stock, then it could lose money. Therefore, you should keep a close eye on your inventory levels.
In addition to these duties, a Dollar General store manager needs to maintain good relations with local law enforcement agencies.
He/she should report any suspicious activity to the police immediately.
Store managers at Dollar General need to provide excellent service to both regular customers and special events, such as sales promotions.
These activities require extra effort and planning.
However, they can bring in more revenue than ordinary business hours.
The store manager needs to take care of any problem that may arise during normal business hours.
For instance, he/she should deal with theft, vandalism, and employee complaints.
He/she needs to make sure that the store is well-maintained.
This includes keeping the floors clean, checking the cash registers daily, and cleaning up spills.
Store managers need to develop a marketing plan for their stores, which should include strategies for winning new customers.
Furthermore, the Dollar General store manager needs be able to handle emergencies such as power failures, natural disasters, and health issues.
It is the duty of the store manager to make sure that the store’s policies and procedures are followed.
He/she will need to track the store’s income and expenses.
Knowledge about accounting principles will be helpful here.
The store manager needs to hire and fire employees.
To do this properly, he/she needs the support of his/her supervisor.
More Dollar General Store Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Dollar General store managers need to establish goals for each department within the store and should use these goals to measure the performance of each department.
He/she also needs to have a clear vision for the future of the company.
This vision should be shared with everyone involved in the company.
The Dollar General store manager has to manage the budget carefully.
He/she needs to set aside funds for unexpected costs and potential growth opportunities.
They need to communicate effectively with the board of directors and explain how the company’s finances are doing and what plans are being made to improve them.
Dollar General Store Manager Job Description Sample/Example/Template
The Dollar General store manager job description entails the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the store runs smoothly. This means making sure that there are no interruptions in the flow of business
- Provide excellent customer service. This includes greeting customers when they enter the store, helping them find products, and answering their questions
- Keep the store clean at all times. This includes sweeping the floor, mopping the walls, and dusting shelves
- Maintain an organized work area. This includes organizing merchandise by category, shelving items properly, and labeling boxes
- Make sure that the store is safe. This includes locking doors and windows, ensuring that the store’s alarm system is working correctly, and keeping the store free from dangerous chemicals
- Ensure that the store’s inventory levels are appropriate. This includes checking on the availability of stock and restocking low-priced items
- Work closely with other managers to ensure that the store operates efficiently. This includes assigning jobs and monitoring the progress of those assigned
- Manage the budget carefully. This involves setting aside money for unexpected costs and potential revenue growth opportunities
- Communicate effectively with the board of director. This includes explaining how the company’s finances look and what plans are being put into action to improve them
- Ensure the overall success of Dollar General. This includes having a clear vision for the company’s future and sharing this vision with others.
Dollar General Store Manager Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are presently working as a store manager at Dollar General and are writing a new resume or CV, you can make a powerful Professional Experience section for your resume by applying the sample Dollar General store manager job description above.
You can add the Dollar General store manager duties and responsibilities from the job description example above to the Professional Experience section of your resume to emphasize the fact that you have been effective performing the store manager role at Dollar General.
This piece of information can greatly boost the effectiveness of your resume to win you an interview, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires candidates to have some work experience as a retail store manager.
Dollar General Store Manager Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are major requirements you may be asked to meet to be considered for the store manager position with Dollar General or other companies in the retail business:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields
- Three years of experience managing a retail store
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask well
- Must be self-motivated
- Possess good organizational skills
- Must have a positive attitude.
Dollar General Store Manager Salary
The average Dollar General store manager’s income is $47,848 per year, according to most salary calculators.
Dollar General Store Managers’ salaries range from $25,950 to $69,949 per year.
A dollar general store manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of a small retail establishment.
The manager must make sure that everything goes as planned, while communicating with the board of directors and employees.
A dollar general store manager needs to be knowledgeable about the financial aspects of running a business and also need to understand the importance of customer service.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the store manager career at Dollar General who want to know what the role does.
They can improve their knowledge of the Dollar General store manager duties and responsibilities from the content of this page.
This page is also useful to recruiters/employers in the retail industry seeking to make a job description they can apply in recruiting competent store managers for their companies.
They can apply the Dollar General store manager job description example on this page in making a great one for their companies.