Data Research Analyst Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post gives complete information on the job description of a data research analyst to increase your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the data research analyst work description in most organizations.
This article also presents the major requirements recruiters commonly ask applicants for the data research analyst position to fulfill to be considered for the role:
Please, keep reading to learn about the data research analyst career:
What Does a Data Research Analyst Do?
The data research analyst is primary responsible for gathering and analyzing data, maintaining and constantly improving the quality of an organization’s data, and collaborating with the research team to present data in a convincing way.
Their job description entails assisting the research team to track and analyze all aspects of the organization’s market, and leveraging on insights from data for products, client projects, and business development efforts.
It also involves collaborating with quantitative researchers, data scientists, and engineers to accelerate a research pipeline and utilize data analysis through tools and languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Tableau and/or others, and deep intellectual curiosity to come up with thoughtful actionable insights.
Data research analysts also work together with research coordinators, statisticians, clinical/biomedical investigators, and other relevant professionals to guarantee the implementation of a statistically analyzed plan.
They are also responsible for advancing or modifying new and existing statistical/mathematical software in line with research plans.
They write, test, and correct errors; execute research plans and check validations.
The data research analyst work description also involves preparing data for analysis, several activities, including reformatting, entering, editing, merging, and maintaining data in preparation for analysis.
It also includes communicating statistical outcomes using visualization tools.
The data research analyst also guarantees data integrity, improving the quality, completeness, and consistency of data.
They perform a formal assessment of statistical output and send query reports of difficult data to the supervising division, research director, or applicable unit for accurate solution.
Data Research Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Data research analysts perform various functions in effectively maintaining and improving the quality of a company’s data.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly performed by a data research analyst are shown in the job description example below:
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate, and conduct research and program evaluation activities for the company
- Work together with the evaluators on data collection and quantitative and qualitative analysis duties
- Coordinate, develop, and initiate, and respond to information and data requests received from within the organization to allow for evidence-based and data-informed policy
- Come up with policy and action suggestions based on research and analytics
- Carry out business analysis, data modelling, and logical and physical database design, and database optimization for the company
- Utilize standard reporting technologies to create, manage, and maintain reports
- Responsible for preserving and managing a centralized data dictionary for the company
- Ensure company data architectural guidelines, principles, and standards are followed in all project milestones and deliverables
- Responsible for creating appropriate documentation to support effective requirements definition, including charts, graphs, and logic model diagrams as needed
- Responsible for assessing research requirements and utilizing improved tactics for appropriate statistical programming and analysis.
Data Research Analyst Job Description for Resume
If you have previously worked as a data research analyst or are presently holding the position and need to make a resume for a new position, you can create an effective professional or work experience section by applying the above sample job description.
In the professional experience section of your resume, you will adopt the data research analyst duties and responsibilities shared above in highlighting the functions you have successfully carried out or are currently performing as a data research analyst.
This will allow the recruiter to immediately see that you have the required data research analyst work experience for the position, which will increase your chances of getting the job.
Data Research Analyst Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are applying for the data research analyst role, most recruiters will want you to meet a set of requirements to prove that you will be effective in performing the obligations, purpose, and objectives associated with the position in their organizations.
Shown below are major data research analyst requirements recruiters may expect you to fulfill if you are seeking the position:
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, analytics, or research field, or in any other related area
- Knowledge: Employers often seek individuals with experience in data analysis that demonstrates their ability to present data using visualization and analysis tools and carry out quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with data modelling, including regression models
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, SAS, and/or Python
- Ability to manage large data sets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Data research analysts have to work with research teams, data scientists, engineers, and other professionals. So it is vital that they can establish and manage relationships with people to perform their job duties successfully
- Organization and planning skills: They must be able to set priorities to manage multiple assignments and project deliverables
- Communication skills: It is also essential that they can manage complex technical details and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Quantitative analysis skills: It is important that they have expertise in working with large data sets and applying statistical, quantitative, and diagnostic techniques to resolve problem.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager looking to hire for the data research analyst position, you can make a detailed description of the job to inform prospective candidates of the duties and responsibilities associated with the position by applying the sample job description above.
By posting a comprehensive description of the available data research analyst role, you will be able to attract only the applicants who can effectively perform the functions of the position in your organization.
Information on this page is also useful to individuals who are interested in the data research analyst career to increase their knowledge of what the role does, and so be able to make the right decision about choosing the career or not.