This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of a customer service desk leader, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly make up the customer service desk leader work description.
Please, read on:
What Does a Customer Service Desk Leader Do?
A customer service desk leader provides help desk management support services to clients on a daily basis. He/she is obligated to carry out on site remote assessment and render assistance to customers requesting for computer and application help.
The job description of customer service desk leaders entails uncovering, examining, acknowledging and updating tickets and problem issues communicated through phone conversation.
Their role also involves carrying out daily updates of tickets and closing them as soon as the matter has been resolved.
The customer service desk leader offers guidance, suggestions, instructions as well as human resources administration that guarantee that the management is conversant of any alteration that can potentially influence customer support.
The individual for the position of a service desk leader in a customer care department oversees the problem management databank and follows up with designated personnel to guarantee prompt settlement of problems.
He/she will organize an interior source of information that will enable the help desk personnel and assist technicians to retrieve outages with negligible disruption to anticipated service levels.
Customer Service Desk Leader Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The customer service desk leader will be required to carry out the duties, tasks, and responsibilities that are contained in the job description example below:
- Organize a catalog and trail all customer requests given to the help desk
- Organize assignments and arrangement of help desk inquiries to the appropriate help group
- Ensure transfer of phone calls, resetting of voice mail password and deleting telephone mailboxes
- Organize, cooperate with third party providers and make sure that their accomplishments and offer of services are in accordance with the organization’s anticipations and empower the organization to attain or exceed service levels
- Estimate, oversee and manage labor levels to drive down levels of incidents. This is in relation to customer issues and products
- Ensure that the service desk participates energetically in improvement of dependability and usability of the organization
- Make sure that processes and practices abide and are repeatable and standardized where possible
- Make sure that efficient practices and processes are continually being improved upon and generate business cases to support team activities
- Identify and enhance improvements to the service desk problem logging system so as to offer a more effective service to clients
- Make sure that the service desk is completely utilizing suitable knowledge management tools and procedures in order to offer effective customer service
- Participates in the prosperity of the organization and offer assistance in enhancing the overall client experience inside the team
- Evaluate features for enhancement with procedures and routine and ensures effective communication across the whole location of responsibility.
The sample job description above can also be employed in making a resume for use in applying to a vacant customer service desk leader position.
Customer Service Desk Leader Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
The following skills and abilities will assist the customer service desk leader in performing his/her duty satisfactorily and with utmost efficiency:
- A higher education up to degree level with at least two years experience or more of administering the service desk
- A good knowledge of English language with outstanding evaluative, interpersonal and communication aptitude
- Ability to manage, organize and plan help desk activities
- Display of accuracy, dependability and be compelling as well as flexible in decision making.