Construction Site Agent Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a construction site agent, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the construction site agent work description.
It also presents the major requirements individuals will need to meet to be hired for the construction site agent role by most recruiters/employers.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the construction site agent career:
What Does a Construction Site Agent Do?
A construction site agent is responsible for working collaboratively with contractors to ensure that construction and/or building contracts are carried out on schedule.
His/her job description involves overseeing all on-site activities, ensuring that all works are organized and key building materials delivered on time.
In other words, a construction site agent ensures that a wide range of residential, commercial, and industrial projects are well-monitored and directed from their start until their completion.
He/she utilizes professionalism, high levels of organization, and attention to detail to ensure that contractors and subcontractors complete their work in strict adherence to time and budget expectations.
One of the core tasks carried out by a construction site agent is to oversee and manage the activities of a range of contractors and subcontractors, which may begin with site preparation and foundation work through to the final stage of a construction project.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of providing inputs on the selection and hiring of contractors and subcontractors, and also making frequent visitations to construction sites to monitor work progress.
Construction site agents are also required to serve as a liaison between contractors and clients.
He/she must ensure that he/she identifies problems with on-site work activities and come up with recommendations and/or suggestions to ensure that the construction project does not run over budget.
He/she may also be required to draw up financial forecasts and resource needs and present them to the client and/or organization for approval.
A construction site agent may also manage work timelines by setting contractor schedules and delivery dates for specific elements of a current construction project which may involve determining and implementing the order in which contractors and subcontractors work on several series of the project.
Some of the required skills and qualities to have to be hired for the construction site agent role include good project management skills, excellent teamwork, and leadership skills; good problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and financial management and budgeting skills.
Others include excellent verbal and written communication skills, well-developed interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skill; good time management skills and several other relevant skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of a construction site agent demands that the ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Architecture, or in any other relevant field.
Construction Site Agent Salary: The average salary for a construction site agent is $48,482 annually.
Construction Site Agent Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Construction site agents perform the responsibilities:
- Making sure that the commercial performance of the contract is maximized
- Helping to coordinate and write site reports, drawings, and other necessary documents
- Working collaboratively with architects to identify and determine areas for utility hookups
- Setting and enforcing standards for each job site and ensuring that contractors and crews follow proper safety guidelines
- Ensuring that construction projects remain profitable by overseeing budgets throughout the construction process
- Accompanying clients during site visits and answering questions about the construction project’s overall progress and changes; working closely and consulting with clients all through the project lifecycle
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to specified quality without defects
- Staying up-to-date with the latest development and trends in the construction industry.
Construction Site Agent Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked before in the construction site agent position or are presently working in that role, it will be more effective to include the professional experience section to your resume.
The professional or work experience part of your resume gives you the opportunity to emphasize the duties and responsibilities you have successfully carried out working as a construction site agent.
This piece of information can greatly influence the employer/recruiter to grant you an interview, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires some construction site agent work experience to succeed in it.
You can quickly create an impactful professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the construction site agent job description example above.
Construction Site Agent Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
Some of the essential skills and qualifications that are required to work as a construction site agent include:
- Strong project management skills, as the job role of a construction site agent requires him/ her to ensure that large-scale projects are completed on time, within budget, and without defects
- Good leadership and teamwork skills, since he/she must provide guidance to contractors, subcontractors, and teams of workers
- Excellent problem-solving skills, since a construction site agent should be able to identify and resolve issues that may arise during the construction process
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that enable a construction site agent to convey information effectively to contractors, clients, architects, and engineers
- Budgeting and financial management skills, as this is important to keep projects profitable and in compliance with client budgets
- Several years of proven work experience in a related and/or relevant field
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or in any other similar field.
This post is valuable to individuals who are interested in the construction site agent career.
They will be able to learn all they need to know about the construction site agent job, the duties and responsibilities that make up the role, and so will be able to decide if that is the career for them.
Recruiters/employers looking to hire the best candidates for the construction site agent position in their companies will also find this article useful.
They will be able to create detailed description of the construction site agent role in their organizations by applying the job description sample provided on this page.
Best Health and Safety Certification Courses
If you are in or seeking a job in a field where
health and safety at workplace is a concern, like the construction industry, then you will need to complete a relevant course or two to gain the required knowledge and meet the OSHA requirements or other requirements.
>> OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Course
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.