Call Center Sales Representative Job Description Example
What Does a Call Center Sales Representative Do?
Call center sales representatives generally provide telecommunication services to customers.
Their job description entails assisting customers with troubleshooting or investigation of issues and complaints, as well as the promotion/sales of telecommunication products and services to customers via telephone calls.
In performing their duties, call center sales representatives receive inbound calls from customers to interact with the callers and identify their needs or issues.
They assist customers by providing solutions to their problems, appropriately replying their queries and offering them advice and recommendations useful in avoiding similar issues.
They also ensure to follow set communication guidelines in addressing various customer issues.
Usually, call center sales representatives attempt to build a positive work relationship with customers to enhance the image and public perception of their company.
They place outbound calls to customers to promote and conduct sales of their products and services.
Their role also involves managing several inbound calls to ensure timely response.
Call center sales representatives in fulfilling their work description ensure call records are properly stored and maintained in the call center database.
They maintain a courteous and friendly disposition when interacting with customers irrespective of their temperament or mood.
They also ensure to meet daily shift call quotas and targets set by the company.
As part of their duties, call center sales representatives conduct research to identify solutions and answers to difficult client issues.
They ensure equipment and devices are operational by following set procedures and notifying the technical department in event of a breakdown.
They also provide periodic reports to company management on work activities.
Call center sales representatives are responsible for overseeing the processing and implementation of orders, application or forms.
They route and forward unusual calls to appropriate units for proper resolution of customer issues.
They also monitor trends in customer calls and alerts management in event of any suspicious activity.
It is part of the tasks of a call center sales representative to upsell products and services to customers when providing telecommunication solutions.
The sales representatives usually sit at workstation for a long duration using a computer and headset to interact with customers.
The call center sales representative job requires at least a high school diploma and proficiency in relevant computer programs.
The qualities required to excel in this job include customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Call Center Sales Representative Job Description Example/Template
The various duties, tasks, and responsibilities call center sales representatives perform include those shown in the job description example below:
- Receive inbound calls from customers to interact with them and identify their needs or issues
- Provide telecommunication solutions and recommendations to customers via telephone calls
- Follow set communication guidelines in addressing the needs and problems faced by customers
- Build positive work relationship with customers to enhance the image and public perception of a company
- Place outbound calls to customers to promote new products and services
- Oversee the timely management of outgoing and incoming calls
- Ensure call records are properly stored and organized in a call center database
- Maintain a courteous and friendly disposition when interacting with customers irrespective of their temperament
- Ensure daily shift call quotas and set targets are achieved
- Conduct research to identify solutions and answers to difficult client issues
- Follow set procedures to ensure equipment and devices are operational
- Provide periodic reports to company management on work activities
- Oversee the processing and implementation of orders, applications and forms submitted by customers
- Monitor trends in customer calls and alerts management in event of any suspicious activity
- Upsell products and services to customers when providing telecommunication solutions
- Sit at a workstation for long hours to interact with customers using a computer and a headset.
Call Center Sales Representative Resume Preparation
Are you looking to prepare a call center sales representative resume? If so, then the listed duties and responsibilities in the sample job description above will be helpful in completing the work experience section of your resume.
Highlighting the above functions in your resume indicates to a potential employer that you possess the relevant experience to be effective as a sales representative in a call center.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Call Center Sales Representative Job
To be accepted to work as a sales rep at most call centers, the following are the requirements you will likely have to satisfy:
- Education and Training: To become a call center sales representative, you require at least a high school diploma and an ability to use or quickly adapt to CRM programs and other related computer programs. Employers usually provide recruits with training to acquaint them with work operations
- Communication Skills: Call center sales reps are able to interact with customers using appropriate language to identify issues and provide OTA assistance
- Customer Service Skill: They are skilled in politely addressing customers, they exercise lots of patience and tolerance in resolving caller issues
- Problem-solving Skill: Call center sales representatives are able to identify customer challenges and provide solutions that address such problems.
Call Center Sales Representative Skills for Resume
In making a call center sales representative resume, the above mentioned skills and qualities can serve as a useful resource in completing the skills section of your resume to gain the attention of potential employers and increase your chances of securing the job.
To make your search for the call center sales rep job easy, you can strive to acquire the above qualities as those are what most employers look out for when screening candidates for the role.
The role of a sales representative working in a call center entails various functions which are important to the success of the firm.
The job description for the role provided above will help you prepare well for it if you are applying to the position.
And if you are working on hiring sales representatives for a call center, you can apply the above work description template in designing one for your recruitment process.
Did this post increase your knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of a call center sales representative? Please give your view in the box below.