Best Buy Hiring Process: Job Application, Interview, and Employment
The hiring process at Best Buy consists of various stages, including the job application and interview processes you must successfully complete to be employed by the Company.
Please, read on to learn about the Best Buy recruitment process and improve your chances of finding employment with the Company:
Best Buy Company Overview
Best Buy Co. Inc. is a very large American establishment engaged in the sales of electronics, and having its headquarters at Richfield Minnesota.
Initially, the company was known as Sound of Music founded by Mr Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in the year 1966.
Best Buy operates outside the United States and into Mexico and Canada particularly.
Over the years, the company has really grown, having subsidiaries, which include Pacific Sales, Geek Squad, and Magnolia Audio Video.
It is ranked among the world’s top largest organisations engaged in the sales of a specific product.
The Best Buy Hiring Process
Best Buy usually hires an applicant as a permanent or temporary staff after he or she must have passed through the hiring process of the company.
The Best Buy hiring process consists of the following stages:
- The Job Application Process
Getting a job at Best Buy begins by submitting an online application form to the company via Best Buy official career website, irrespective of the role you wish to apply for.
The online application is preferred by Best Buy, so avoid visiting any of the branches to make an application. You will not be taken seriously if you do that.
Simply visit the company’s career site and search for a specific job and apply for it. You resume will also be requested during the process, ensure to upload it.
If it is your first time applying for a job, you will create a profile with a password and a username.
Creating the profile will demand some vital and personal information from you such as age, name, email, and address, and other details.
2. Interview Process
After the submission of your online application, Best Buy recruiting team will contact you for an interview (provided your resume meets the criteria for the role you applied for).
But before then, a brief interview will be held over a phone call between you and a member of the recruiting team. The phone call usually comes unexpectedly, applicants are meant to get their mind prepared.
This interview over the phone will be used to assess you and verify that you genuinely possess the criteria in your resume.
It lasts for about 30 minutes and the results of your performance will be made known to you afterwards.
The result will decide if you will be called for the interview with the hiring manager or not.
The in-person interview is a pretty easy experience according to most candidates who have been interviewed at Best Buy.
You will be interviewed by the hiring manager and asked questions, like why you should be given the job, and how to handle unhappy customers or a fellow employee.
Early preparation before the interview is highly necessary for your success.
You should take note of the following when preparing for an interview at Best Buy:
- Have vast knowledge about the company’s history, culture, and priorities.
- Try as much as possible to answer questions quickly, and don’t wear a timid or nervous countenance.
- Be prepared to ask the interviewer sensible questions, since you might be asked to.
- Ensure to research and learn more about the company’s interview process.
3. Orientation Process
Best Buy usually conducts orientation for employees who just got hired. These newly employed individuals must undergo the company’s orientation process before they can start working just like other employees.
The orientation involves touring the working environment, watching educative videos, and having group discussion; it also provides a platform to ask questions.
The whole orientation process is pretty easy, but some roles will require applicants to pass through some hectic training programs.
How Long Does Best Buy Hiring Take?
After the successful completion of the interview process, it might take up to a few weeks before you would get a call for orientation which leads to employment afterwards.
Sometimes, candidates don’t receive a response within a short time due to the large number of applicants that were interviewed as well for the same position you applied for.
The company therefore needs sufficient amount of time to decide on the individuals to employ.
Best Buy Jobs and Careers
The jobs and careers you can apply for at Best Buy are numerous, but here are some of the major ones:
- Asset protection associate: This employee has a responsibility ensuring and securing working environment. He or she is also responsible for resolving hazards and investigating accidents.
- Assistant store manager: This employee is responsible for supervising human resources and guaranteeing very good customer service; he/she takes the place of the manager in his/her absent.
- Connections specialist: This employee is responsible for grooming the Best Buy team on how to recommend appropriate solutions to clients, propose service to clients, and inform them about connection hardware services.
- Sales supervisor: This employee is responsible for increasing profits, resolving complaints of customers, and executing strategies for sales.
- General Manager: This employee is responsible for conducting store meetings and recruiting new workers. He or she is also an active participant in the community.
- Front end leader: This employee assists the store manager and is in charge of supervising the back office leader. He or she also performs other work-related duties in accordance with the standard operating procedure.
What to Expect Working at Best Buy
Being an employee at Best Buy can be an amazing experience. Free lunch is sometimes offered to employees.
Colleagues who are more knowledgeable at a particular job do not hesitate to assist others finding it difficult to perform a certain task.
Everyone receives an amazing salary, and the welfare of employees is taken seriously.
However, according to most employees, very difficult tasks await employees on a daily.
Break time is usually very short, and can be cancelled sometimes. The management hardly pardons any employee who commits an offence.
Best Buy is a thriving establishment that has provided jobs to thousands of individuals. The company seeks well qualified, certified, and experienced professionals to help evolve their services to customers.
The information provided on this page will serve as a guide when making a job application at Best Buy. Applying it will help you throughout the hiring process and increase your chances of getting the desired employment at Best Buy.