Belk Retail Sales Associate job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Belk Retail Sales Associate Do?
Retail sales associates at Belk are responsible for driving sales and creating a great shopping experience for the company’s customers.
His/her job description entails providing a clean, neat, orderly, and safe environment for shopping for customers and the retail sales team.
The sales associate is expected to be approachable and available, and to have a high sense of urgency to be effective on the role and deliver awesome shopping experience to customers.
His/her role involves applying digital technology to ensure what the customer wants is satisfactorily met, as well as to deliver excellent service.
He/her is required to approach, greet, and welcome customers in the best of manners and with a smile, and to offer assistance to customers with a positive and friendly attitude.
The sales associate uses his/her deep knowledge of merchandize and experience of customer preference to recommend products to customers.
His/her work description also involves educating self and other sales team members on the various store merchandize.
It also entails quickly following up and following through on merchandize requested by customers and their commitment.
The associate must be able to play effectively within a team, and by collaboration with other members create a welcoming environment for shoppers.
He/she must also be able to apply mobile devices effectively to communicate and meet customer needs, and to increase his/her sales.
To increase his/her personal business, the retail sales associate must also be effective and efficient in utilizing common tools and resources for managing clientele.
It is also part of his/her duties to advise customers about available store programs they can benefit free, as well as to develop long term relationship with them.
It is also his/her task to participate in ensuring that standards regarding visual and product presentation are maintained on the selling floor.
The associate must ensure compliance with audit standards, and must also show ability and flexibility to effectively respond to the needs of the business which frequently changes.
Belk Retail Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Belk sales associate performs various functions in ensuring that a most welcoming environment is created and provided for customers to make their shopping a memorable experience.
Highlighted below are typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the job description of the Belk retail sales associate:
- Carry out tasks for the success of the business’ operation as assigned on each shift
- Anticipate service needs of customers by listening to them and observing non-verbal cues
- Make suggestion of products to purchase to customers based on their preference information, as well as suggest appropriate add on products to purchased merchandize
- Ensure a clean, neat, organized, and safe store environment is maintained to minimize risk and prevent losses
- Perform cashier transaction processing quickly and accurately; coordinate BELK customer loyalty programs; and explain to customers the benefits of having a BELK Rewards card to realize the company’s acquisition goal and enhance present card holders usage
- Greet customers and engage with them at all times
- Ensure products are sized, folded, in-stock, and orderly placed on the sales floor as well as back stocks/up stocks
- Make all product types, including sizes, colors, and styles available on the sales floor at all times for customers to make their choices
- Keep fitting rooms organized, clean, and neat always
- Following defined Belk procedures and policies in processing assigned tasks quickly and accurately with a sense of pride and urgency and with a focus on delivering outstanding service to customers
- Make sure store is recovered consistently and always in a state of customer readiness
- Carry out replenishment of sold stock with attention to detail and ensure all colors, styles, and sizes are available.
Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills – for Belk Sales Associate Role
If you are seeking the job of retail sales associate at Belk, you will be expected to possess certain qualities and skills to be sure that you will be effective on the job.
Below are a set of requirements that applicants for the Belk sales associate role are commonly expected to have:
- Strong ability to communicate with sales team members and customers clearly and effectively
- Highly comfortable working in a team environment that promotes team work, collaboration, and effectiveness
- Strong ability to maneuver through the stockroom and sales floor and to lift up to 30 pounds of items safely
- Strong ability to provide outstanding service to customers both on and off the sales floor
- Possess flexibility and availability to work any and various shifts, including weekends, holidays, and nights, and to perform opening and closing of store as may be required by the company
- Strong ability to understand and apply digital technology for performing “endless aisles” ordering
- Possess excellent skills in time management and a positive attitude to achieve both personal and team success
- Possess working experience in retail selling and merchandizing for two years or more
- Possess high school diploma or its equivalent qualification such as GED.
If you are looking to work at Belk as a retail sales associate and want to know the role you will be expected to play, the sample job description presented in this post will explain it all to you.
The duties and responsibilities of the position highlighted here will help you to make a good assessment of your ability to perform on the job and to decide if you will want to start a career with Belk as a sales associate or not.
Did this article help you to learn what you need to know about working as a sales associate at Belk? Please, leave your comment in the box below. Do also feel free to share what you do at Belk if you work as a retail sales associate there.