This post provides complete information on the job description of an associate product manager, to boost your knowledge of what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the associate product manager work description.
please, read on:
What Does an Associate Product Manager Do?
Associate product managers are responsible for working closely with designers, marketing managers, analysts, engineers, product managers, and testers to create products from the idea stage to launch stage.
They are usually required to be entrepreneurial with responsibilities that involve providing assistance in the optimization of a company product’s existing features, as well as creating new ones.
The associate product manager job description involves responsibilities that include a mix of project management and quality assurance – two fundamental parts of the associate product management process.
As a liaison between development and product teams, they will take part in refining product requirements, focusing on maintaining quality both from a user-experience perspective and from a technical point of view.
The associate product manager’s role is both important and fun for someone who is looking to combine their creative and tech interests with a natural attention to detail.
The ideal candidate for this job will be someone who has an engineering or computer science background, but who is more interested in project management and product as a career.
The person in this position will be in charge of executing overall product strategies for new and existing products, which may include supporting product development activities for company’s brands.
These duties are not limited to trade research, product planning, finished goods sourcing, participating in consumer observation, new product development, sales support and competitive analysis.
With direction from management and on own initiative, the associate product manager will develop and maintain the product concept and launch schedules.
He/she will also contribute to the product design, not leaving out the production of planned marketing programs.
The job is a great learning platform as it provides the individual the opportunity to learn all aspects of the product management process, among which are product development, assortment planning, merchandising, package development, and account management, among others.
Associate Product Manager Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Here is an example of associate product manager job description, consisting of key duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which individuals holding the position are usually expected to perform:
- Work together with Data Management to prioritize/determine database enhancements to meet business requirements, create efficiencies and streamline processes
- Participate in defining business conditions, testing support and system configuration, training documentation, and administrative tools, as well as written procedures
- Help in the development of timelines, project plans and status reports to monitor projects
- Work together with internal partners to assess servicing capabilities and pinpoint issues relating to client servicing conditions
- Review current approach for inefficiencies and device mechanist for improvements
- Collaborate with all internal cum external partners to facilitate projects
- Ensure precision of all information received and recorded
- Help in the preparation of client presentations
- Obtain all necessary documentation needed to carry out new businesses
- Collaborate with appropriate parties and individuals to complete system setup
- Create necessary files and document all appropriate information
- Anticipate client needs
- Device solutions for client related issues when necessary.
Associate Product Manager Job Description for Resume
The associate product manager job description sample shown above provides valuable information for preparing the job history segment of a resume for the post.
Associate Product Manager Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are some important traits usually required that associate product managers should have:
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to interact with coworkers and build relationships with all internal, external investment and third party partners
- Data analysis cum strong analytical skills
- Strong communication cum presentation skills
- Strong technical skills
- Must be able to complete everyday responsibilities and duties with minimal supervision
- Must be eager to take initiative and show creativity
- Demonstrated leadership attitude
- Strong organization
- Possess project management skills
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree either in business management, fashion merchandising, marketing, or other related discipline
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator CS5/CS6 and Microsoft Office suite
- Possess excellent presentation, communication, listening, and written skills.