This post provides complete information on the job description of an apartment maintenance technician, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the apartment maintenance technician work description.
Please, read on:
What Does an Apartment Maintenance Technician Do?
The apartment maintenance technician’s role includes carrying out slight carpentry, electrical, refurbishing, painting, and sheet rock repairs.
Their job descriptions also include performing irrigation and arranging common area in housing facilities to offer low income families, seniors, special users or other suitable persons with furnished or unfurnished residence or multi-unit homestead.
He/she will efficiently program work order applications while observing maintenance preferences.
His/her work will also involve carrying out light garbage disposals, fixtures, draperies, appliances, locks and replacement of broken glass.
Other key functions include for instance freezing windows, fitting doors, replacing and building shelves, repair of concrete, masonry, roof, fencing, sanding, etc.
Other duties this technician will perform include rendering assistance in maintaining and cleaning of regular areas such as emptying trash, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning windows.
They also perform restricted extermination services as required.
The maintenance technician observes and evaluates complicated problems and needs of apartments and relates them to the property manager or appropriate office.
They will ensure cordial relationships with all occupants and are expected to be courteous and professional in the community with residents.
Individuals working in this position should be able to utilize strong interpersonal aptitude in dealing with complaints using diplomacy and discretion.
He/she should also be of good understanding and be conscious of economic status, cultural background and persons with exceptional needs while adhering to Equal Housing opportunity prerequisites.
Apartment maintenance technicians will require a practical knowledge of gas, water, meter cut offs, sewer cleanouts and fixtures, as well as diagrams and maps of the property.
It is his/her duty to ensure safety of the property and its facilities.
The apartment maintenance technician carries out diverse maintenance functions fundamental to the enhancement of the worth of the environment.
He/she carries out upgrades and repairs of unoccupied apartments up to a market ready grade.
The candidate for this post is expected to participate as a team with maintenance personnel to guarantee that quality maintenance standards are attained by the community.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Given below is an example of a job description for the post of apartment maintenance technician, consisting of key duties, tasks, and responsibilities the person holding the position is usually expected to carry out:
- Perform regular check on exterior parts of buildings and general areas, carrying out repairs and offering janitorial help as required
- Support scheduled yearly unit inspections
- Renovate apartments before they are occupied
- Keep precise records with regards to preventive maintenance of all accessories on a monthly basis on recommendation of the manufacturer or as mandated by housing requirements or ordinance
- Give responses to resident service inquiries and interests promptly
- Carry out all on-call exigencies as necessary
- Give report on maintenance matters for reconstruction of models, vacant and/or routine areas to the maintenance supervisor
- May render assistance in supervising supplies and/or maintenance inventory
- Transfer heavy objects as demanded
- Render assistance to the community manager on specific maintenance projects.
The above job description sample can also be used in writing a resume for a vacant maintenance technician job in an apartment facility.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
Apartment maintenance technicians will require the following skills in order to discharge their duties successfully
- At least a high school diploma or a commensurate degree with Trade school degree an added advantage
- At least two years prior experience in environmental maintenance
- Outstanding ability to read and comprehend safety procedures, maintenance and operating rules as well as procedure manuals
- Efficient skills in contributing to routine correspondence and written reports
- Persistently engages a professional polite attitude when relating with coworkers, the general public and residents
- Engages in open communication with property management team.