Amazon Warehouse Fulfillment Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of the warehouse fulfillment associate position at Amazon, to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly associated with the Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are applying for the warehouse fulfillment associate job at Amazon.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate career:
What Does an Amazon Warehouse Fulfillment Associate Do?
An Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate is responsible for carrying out an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, overseeing the packing and shipping of orders, and/or managing, retrieving, and organizing stock.
His/her job description involves fulfilling and executing basic warehousing and stock order duties.
It also entails carrying out a range of various duties such as offloading amazon merchandise trucks, deciphering work orders, locating stock, and gathering items for shipment.
Some of the essential tasks that amazon warehouse fulfillment associates are expected to carry out include overseeing the offloading of stock deliveries, processing work orders, locating merchandise, and collecting and packing orders for shipment.
They may also be required to operate some amazon warehouse machinery such as forklifts, cherry pickers, and pallet jackets.
An Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate is also saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that production and shipping schedules are well-coordinated and in strict compliance with budgetary and time constraints.
He/she may also be required to oversee and manage the process of hiring, training a team of efficient and motivated staff members while also ensuring a creative, comfortable, and professional work environment.
An Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate also must maintain excellent internal communications with team members and other necessary personnel, while also ensuring timely and accurate delivery for retail and corporate accounts and ensuring that quality standards are met.
He/she may also be required to examine, verify, and fill customer invoices.
Also, to work in the Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate role some of the required skills and qualities include adequate knowledge of warehousing procedures, adequate experience as a fulfillment associate, and ability to read and interpret written work orders; attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Others are strong multitasking skills, physical strength and stamina, and strong endurance skills, and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of an amazon warehouse fulfillment associate demands that candidates possess at least a High School diploma or GED.
Several years of professional and/or proven work experience is also an added advantage to gain the warehouse fulfillment associate job at Amazon.
Amazon Warehouse Fulfillment Associate Salary: The average salary for the warehouse fulfillment associate role at Amazon, according to Glassdoor, is $32,000 annually.
Amazon Warehouse Fulfillment Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon warehouse fulfillment associates perform the responsibilities:
- Processing, packaging, and shipping orders accurately
- Ensuring that stocks and inventory are well-organized and maintained
- Examining and inspecting products for defects and damages
- Receiving, unloading, and arranging inventory items appropriately
- Discharging duties in strict compliance with amazon safety and hygiene regulations
- Actively participating and contributing ideas on ways to improve and/or optimize warehousing procedures
- Following the state health and safety regulations and practices
- Offloading amazon delivery trucks that transport goods and/or merchandise into the warehouse.
Amazon Warehouse Fulfillment Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume/CV and have previously worked in a warehouse fulfillment associate role at Amazon or are currently working in that position, you can boost your resume/CV’s impact on the employer/recruiter by including the professional experience section in it.
The professional or work experience part of your resume/CV gives you the opportunity to effectively inform the recruiter/employer that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a warehouse fulfillment associate.
This piece of information in your resume/CV can greatly influence the recruiter/employer to grant you an interview, which increases your chances of being hired, especially if having some work experience as a warehouse fulfillment associate is important to succeeding in the new job.
You can create a captivating professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon warehouse fulfillment associate job description example shown above.
Amazon Warehouse Fulfillment Associate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work at Amazon in the warehouse fulfillment associate role, here are typical skills and qualifications you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with team members, read and decipher work orders, and also report back to the warehouse manager
- Physical strength and stamina, since a warehouse fulfillment associate may be required to move objects or goods from one place to another and also operate necessary and required machinery efficiently
- Adequate knowledge of warehousing procedures
- Attention to detail, since warehouse fulfillment associates must be able to find and extract merchandise from storage areas and shelves
- Good endurance skills, as warehouse fulfillment associates must be able to walk for up to eight hours a day and also endure long hours of work
- Several years of professional and/or proven experience as a warehouse fulfillment associate
- At least a High School diploma or GED; a degree is not necessary.
This post is valuable to individuals interested in the warehouse fulfillment associate career at Amazon.
They will be able to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities that warehouse fulfillment associates commonly carry out and so will be able to decide if that is the right career for them.
This article is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to find and hire the best candidates for the available warehouse fulfillment associate position in their organizations.
They can apply the amazon warehouse fulfillment associate job description sample on this page in making a detailed description of the position for use in their company’s hiring process.