Amazon Shipping and Receiving Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an Amazon shipping and receiving associate to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the Amazon shipping and receiving associate work description.
It also presents the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are seeking the job of shipping and receiving associate with Amazon or other companies.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon shipping and receiving associate career:
What Does an Amazon Shipping and Receiving Associate Do?
An Amazon shipping and receiving associate works in conjunction with a dedicated team of warehouse workers in an Amazon warehouse and is responsible for overseeing all incoming and outgoing products and materials.
He/she is responsible for keeping a meticulous record of all items that are transported and/or sent into the warehouse facility or that leave the facility.
In other words, an Amazon shipping and receiving associate refers to one whose duty is to process goods, merchandise, and/or items that are shipped and received by the Amazon incorporations.
He/she is tasked with overseeing outgoing and incoming packages from start to finish, as well as monitoring their progress.
In the process of accomplishing his/her duties of getting packages from an Amazon warehouse environment to their final destination and also ensuring that shipments are delivered to the Amazon warehouse, the shipping and receiving associate is expected and required to carry out a wide range of crucial tasks in his/her day-to-day activities.
One of the core tasks that must be executed by the shipping and receiving associate at Amazon is to oversee and handle the recording of shipment, which involves ensuring that all information on shipment and delivery is accurate and up-to-date by noting such information in computer systems as required.
An Amazon shipping and receiving associate is also saddled with the responsibility of handling inbound and outbound paperwork, which involves ensuring that proper labels with correct postage are placed on shipments to make sure that they are delivered correctly.
He/she must also take note of special delivery instructions, including the mention of fragile or hazardous content.
An Amazon shipping and receiving associate may also be saddled with the responsibility of ensuring the proper management and maintenance of inventory by physically taking items from Amazon’s stock to fill orders, as well as unpacking incoming objects and placing them in the proper locations throughout the warehouse.
He/she is also responsible for overseeing the whole process of packaging by putting purchased merchandise in boxes or other shipping containers.
Also, the Amazon shipping and receiving associate role is most suitable for the ideal candidate who possesses and/or showcase certain skills and qualities in the process of performing the job duties.
Some of these required skills and qualities include excellent verbal and written communication skills, good multitasking abilities, attention to detail, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, good numeracy skills, dexterity, physical strength and stamina, excellent time management skills, and several other relevant skills as required.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job role/position of an Amazon shipping and receiving associate demands that the ideal candidate have at least a High School Diploma or similar educational level.
Amazon Shipping and Receiving Associate Salary: The average salary for a shipping and receiving associate at Amazon is $34,928 annually, according to PayScale.
Amazon Shipping and Receiving Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon shipping and receiving associates perform the tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Responding and answering customer inquiries, requirements, and needs when required
- Verifying documents and reports according to the unloaded merchandise
- Keeping an accurate and up-to-date report of sales and updating them on a regular basis
- Making sure that the stockroom is well-maintained and managed in a systematic and orderly manner
- Overseeing the maintenance and management of stockroom records, reports, and inventories
- Initiating and strictly operating safety procedures and standards
- Scheduling and monitoring exchange when packages are being handled by third-party services such as UPS or FedEx
- Ensuring that all information on shipment and delivery is accurate and up-to-date by utilizing computer systems.
Amazon Shipping and Receiving Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV and are presently working in the Amazon shipping and receiving associate role, or have worked in that position before, you can enhance the quality of your resume/CV by adding the professional experience section to it.
The professional or work experience section gives you the opportunity to highlight some major duties and responsibilities of the job to show that you have been successful performing the shipping and receiving associate role at Amazon.
This piece of information in your resume can immensely boost its effectiveness for the recruiter/employer to give you an interview appointment, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires having some shipping and receiving associate work experience to succeed on the job.
You can create a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon shipping and receiving associate job description example provided above.
Amazon Shipping and Receiving Associate Requirements – Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of shipping and receiving associate with Amazon or other companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to clearly and politely interact with customers to ensure understanding and the professional resolve of any problems
- Good multitasking abilities to be able to handle a variety of orders at the same time
- Attention to detail to be able to effectively track and monitor all shipments to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks and causes issues or delays in the proves of shipping or receiving items
- Good numeracy skills to be able to effectively handle numbers with ease, especially in terms of weight and/or money
- Excellent time management skills to be able to increase company’s productivity through hard work and time management
- At least a High School Diploma educational qualification or its equivalent GED.
This post is useful to individuals interested in the shipping and receiving associate career with Amazon or other companies.
They will be able to learn what the duties and responsibilities of the shipping and receiving associate role are to decide if they are suited for it.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers looking to find and hire qualified and competent people for the vacant shipping and receiving associate position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon shipping and receiving associate job description on this page to create a detailed description of the role for use in the recruitment process.