Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon seasonal sortation associate, to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon seasonal sortation associate work description.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are seeking the seasonal sortation associate job with Amazon.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon seasonal sortation associate career:
What Does an Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Do?
An Amazon seasonal sortation associate acts as the intersection between transportation and logistics and is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that customers that place orders on amazon enjoy a vast selection, good prices, and ultra-fast delivery.
He/she is responsible for helping Amazon provide its prime members and/or clients with their orders within a short time.
In other words, the seasonal sortation associate refers to an individual whose job is to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced warehouse environment; working with and around moving machinery and vehicles.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that every package gets delivered to Amazon customers on time.
One of the crucial tasks that must be carried out by an Amazon seasonal sortation associate is to ensure that work environments are safe by following the necessary safety rules and guidelines, such as wearing reflective vests, making sure that the work environment is free of harmful objects and so on.
Since he/she is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that packages get to customers on time, it is highly important that an Amazon seasonal sortation associate is customer-obsessed and/or customer-oriented.
He/she may also be saddled with the responsibility of organizing stocks, goods, merchandise, and/or packages, inspecting them for defects and damages, and gathering and submitting reports to the necessary personnel.
Seasonal sortation associates at Amazon may also be responsible for checking, verifying, and filling customer invoices to ensure that all necessary details and/or information are accurate.
They may also be expected to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks, and several other moving equipment to transport large quantities of goods and/or merchandise.
An amazon seasonal sortation associate must also be able to give contributions to ideas and innovative ways to improve or optimize warehousing and merchandise distribution procedures.
Some of the required skills and qualities to succeed as a seasonal sortation associate include warehouse work experience and ability to operate the forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse data system.
Others are profound knowledge of warehouse data system, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills, good teamwork skills, and physical strength to lift or move heavy products; strong endurance skills and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualification, a degree is not necessarily required to work as a seasonal sortation associate, however the ideal candidate should possess at least a High School Diploma or GED.
Several years of professional experience in a relevant job position may also be required to be hired for the seasonal sortation associate job.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Salary: The average salary for a seasonal sortation associate position at Amazon, according to Glassdoor, is $32,000 annually.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon seasonal sortation associates perform the responsibilities:
- Organizing goods, merchandise, and/or packages based on size and destination
- Overseeing and managing the collection of truck deliveries and packages
- Handling merchandise and/or packages from small envelopes to boxes weighing up to 49 pounds
- Operating carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other equipment to transport large quantities of merchandise
- Organizing stocks, maintaining inventory, and inspecting products and packages for defects and damages
- Examining and assessing incoming and outgoing shipments
- Examining, verifying, and filling customer invoices
- Ensuring complies with all the necessary safety and hygiene regulations and guidelines.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before in the position of a seasonal sortation associate with Amazon or are currently working in that position, you can express that work experience by adding the professional experience section to your resume.
With the professional or work experience section of your resume, you can show that you have been effective in performing the duties and responsibilities of a seasonal sortation associate.
This piece of information can greatly influence the recruiter/employer in granting you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some seasonal sortation associate work experience.
You can create an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the amazon seasonal sortation associate job description example provided above.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
If you are applying for the seasonal sortation associate job, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- A profound and proven work experience, as this will enable an Amazon seasonal sortation associate to perform his/her duties efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since an Amazon seasonal sortation associate will be required to interact with customers and team members
- Good customer service skills, since the job of Amazon seasonal sortation associates revolves around making customers happy by ensuring that their packages get to them on time
- Good endurance skills to be able to perform assigned duties effectively in all environmental conditions, including tough temperature conditions
- Strong ability to work for long hours without losing focus or tiring
- Physical strength and stamina, as this enables an Amazon seasonal sortation associate to transport heavy packages and/or merchandise efficiently from one place to another
- A High School Diploma or GED.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the seasonal sortation associate career; they can learn about the duties of the role to be able to decide if it’s the right career for them.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire competent individuals for the vacant seasonal sortation associate position in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the position by applying the sample amazon seasonal sortation associate job description shown on this page.