Amazon Stower Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon stower, to help you learn the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the Amazon stower work description.
It also presents the major requirements, including skills and qualities that you may be expected to meet if you are applying for the Amazon stower job.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the Amazon stower career:
What Does an Amazon Stower Do?
An Amazon stower is responsible for scanning products by applying a handheld scanner and placing them in various bar-coded shelf locations so that the products can be ordered by customers.
His/her job description entails visually inspecting each item or product for damage before placing them in their various shelf locations, as well as making sure that all items are accurate.
In other words, an Amazon stower refers to one whose profession is to carry out a variety of daily operations such as replenishing shelves with product, ensuring that inventory is efficiently managed and well-maintained, and providing excellent customer service for the Amazon organization.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that various items are in the right place by scanning them and physically placing them into their bar-coded locations to make them easy for customers to find.
One of the important tasks that are executed by Amazon stowers is to supply and/or replenish shelves with products, maintain and manage inventory, and provide excellent customer service.
They may also be required to work collaboratively with every other department in the Amazon store.
They may also be saddled with the responsibility of training new employees in the Amazon policy and procedure while also utilizing patience, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a motivational team-driven attitude.
Stowers at Amazon are responsible for organizing proper packaging of purchase items into manageable arrays to create an accommodating and positive environment for customers.
They are also required to provide and foster excellent customer service by interacting with numerous customers, engaging them with an enthusiastic, helpful, and friendly demeanor, while also ensuring that they efficiently and accurately ring up transactions.
They must also effectively provide and optimize customer support and satisfaction by facilitating inter-departmental communication.
Individuals who desire to work in the position of a stower at Amazon are expected to possess certain skills and qualities including excellent math skills, a highly detail-oriented mind, and excellent customer service skills; strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and good time management skills.
In terms of academic qualifications, the job of a stower does not necessarily require a college degree.
However, the ideal candidate for the stower job should possess at least a High School Diploma or GED.
Several years of proven and/or professional work experience in a relevant position may also be required to be hired for the stower position at Amazon.
Amazon Stower Salary: According to Zippia, the average salary for an Amazon stower is approximately $18,655 annually.
Amazon Stower Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon stowers perform the responsibilities:
- Providing friendly customer service and a fast-paced cooperative retail atmosphere
- Training new employees to uphold the Amazon company policy, sustain customer service satisfaction, and educating them on the point of sale system
- Removing merchandise and items from the backroom to stock on sales floor shelves and building special sales displays on the sales floor
- Liaising and communicating with customers that seek products and solutions to various problems
- Ensuring that display cases, shelves, and aisles are kept clean and well-maintained with constant cleaning practices
- Ensuring conformity by locating items in storage areas and comparing the information on them with work orders
- Scanning products and physically placing them in their various bar-coded locations
- Inspecting and/or examining each item to ensure that they are not damaged.
Amazon Stower Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a resume or CV for a new position and have previously worked as a stower with Amazon or are presently working in that position, it will be helpful to include that experience in your resume/CV.
That means you need to have the professional or work experience section in your resume/CV to show that you have been successful performing the duties and responsibilities of a stower.
This piece of information can boost your resume/CV greatly and increase your chances of being invited to an interview by the recruiter/employer, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some stower work experience.
You can quickly make a compelling professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the Amazon stower job description example provided above.
Amazon Stower Requirements – Abilities, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are major requirements that you may be expected to fulfill if you are seeking the stower job at Amazon or other companies:
- Excellent customer service skills, since an Amazon stower must provide friendly customer service by greeting and acknowledging them, and assisting them to find products
- Strong problem-solving skills that enable him/her to assist customers to solve their various retail-related problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since the stower must interact efficiently and effectively with customers, as well as co-workers
- Strong interpersonal skills, as this enables him/her to work cooperatively with every other department, as well as build and maintain robust relationships with co-workers
- Good math skills, since an Amazon stower must be able to perform basic addition and subtraction, as well as solve problems that are data-related in the workplace
- A highly detail-oriented mind, since he/she must be extremely mindful and observant of all details
- Several years of professional and/or proven work experience in a relevant position/field.
- A minimum educational qualification of High School diploma or GED.
This post is valuable to individuals interested in the stower career; they will be able to learn all they need to know about the duties stowers perform.
It is also helpful to recruiters/employers needing to find and hire qualified individuals for the vacant stower position in their companies.
They can apply the sample Amazon stower job description in making a detailed description of the available stower position for their companies for use in the recruitment process.