Senior Customer Service Representative Job Description Example
The Senior Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a staff whose role in an organization entails attending to guests and visitors who come into the organization for different reasons.
In some cases, the individual is assigned to specific clients/accounts and manages all inquiries and information transactions made between management and the clients.
As experts in the field, the job description of senior customer service representatives includes guiding all representatives in the execution of assigned tasks and ensuring that their services are of maximum satisfaction to customers.
They give report and feedback to management about the level of performance of members of staff in the organization.
In order to boost organizational performance, the CSR is always available to assist team leaders to evaluate and scrutinize current performance trends.
He/she also keeps track of contacts of clients and carries out mentoring on a personal level to further elevate and increase productivity.
With an aim to bring out the best in employees, the CSR builds and facilitates a comfortable environment for them to work in without undue pressure, putting them in the right state of mind where they can harness their full potentials for the overall benefit of the organization.
As one with vast experience on the job, the senior customer service representative assists the customer service representative with issues they find difficult by providing efficient answers to all questions that need to be attended to, for free flow of work.
He/she is very knowledgeable about the organization and is considered the “go to” person for all inquiries customers would want to make.
Job Description Example for the Senior Customer Service Representative Position
The following is an example of senior customer service representative job description, containing important duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which can be useful in preparing a resume for the SCSR post:
- Respond to incoming calls, emails and other message from customers and give them the right answers and directions
- Give accurate direction and support to team leaders to facilitate successful completion of organization’s targets and performance goals
- Carefully identify problems that might arise from operations with the use of ethical procedures and professional judgment
- Make use of proven business techniques in the identification of lapses and loop holes in the organization’s customer service department and recommend better strategies that will yield better results
- Use expertise to build strong healthy relationships with clients, convince them of all benefits of doing business with the organization and create an open and accessible communication rout for free flow of information
- Intimate employees with the rules and regulations of the organization in order to enable them work in accordance with acceptable standards as this will affect their level of productivity and performance
- Liaise with other trainers/training departments to ensure that employees are very knowledgeable about work ethics and latest trends obtainable in the business market to obtain better results
- Serves as mediator between customers and clients in cases of disputes which may arise in the course of business transactions, and also mediate between employees and employers to ensure that the interests of both parties are dully protected.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for the Senior Customer Service Representative Position
Below is a list of key skills, knowledge, and abilities usually required from senior customer service representatives by employers to be sure they would be effective on the job:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of customer relations
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a team
- Have good sense of judgment
- Good managerial skills.