Junior Project Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Junior Project Manager Do?
A junior project manager is responsible for supervising a project until it is completed.
His/her job description entails coordinating the activities of a team of professionals and technicians for the purpose of achieving the goal of a given project.
He/she also provides the administrative guidance on project execution.
The activities of the Jr. project manager are carried out based on the specifications and instructions of regulatory agencies.
The rules and standards governing project management and the requirements for each project are spelt out by the regulatory agencies.
It is expected of a Jr. project manager to spell out and communicate this rules and standards to other members of the team so as to ensure that the rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
Most projects need the input of a central project coordinator who oversees the activities of members of a team in the course of executing the project.
In view of this, the junior project manager’s role will also include ensuring that the goal of the project is not defeated, that the project is carried out in accordance with the specification of the owner or senior project assistant.
The work description of the junior project manager may depend on the nature of the project he/she is handling, generally, it is expected of him/her to understand the rules and regulations guiding the operation of his/her work.
It is also important for him/her to learn to get along well with the senior manager and the project owner in ensuring that the specifications of the project are carried out.
Junior Project Manager Job Description Example
The following example of job description shows major tasks, duties, and responsibilities junior project managers usually carry out in the course of their work:
- Supervise different tasks in the quest of completing a project
- Responsible for the flow of information from the project owner to the team regarding the project
- Spell out rules and standard of the regulatory agencies to the working team
- Make provisions for the progress of the project
- Make the arrangement for projects documentation on the recommendation and specification of the owner and ensure that specifications are met
- Ensure that the procedure, rules, regulations, and promulgated laws governing project management are well adhered to
- Meet the project owner, set specification, or make a higher standard
- Meet with the team and ensure that each member is given an opportunity to make suggestions regarding the executions of the project
- Update information on the project management development, tools, regulations, market demand, and likely clients
- Make arrangement for the project completion based on specifications of the project owner
- Put a proficient team together to achieve the purpose of the work in a changing circumstance and fixed circumstance, and in a responsive circumstance using leadership and management expertise
- Plan, commence, execute, supervise, and roundup assigned projects
- Responsible for the well being of the project team in the course of the project
- Suggest strategies of achieving the project goals to the owner
Junior Project Manager Resume Preparation
Getting a job as junior project manager is competitive; therefore, you need to present a strong resume to employers to get them to give you an interview.
To prepare a resume for the role, the content in the job description sample shown above can be adapted in writing the compelling work experience section and other parts.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Junior Project Manager Job
To be considered for hiring by most employers, individuals aspiring to work as junior project managers are usually expected to have developed the following abilities, skills, and knowledge base:
- Project development experience
- Vast experience in project management
- A degree in field relevant to the assigned project
- Experience in applying project equipment and keeping the safe
- Expertise in executing what the project requires and meeting the need of the client and project
- Risk management experience in project management
- Vast knowledge of important elements of project management, i.e. the project description, the project span, quality, needed resources, possible risk, relevant regulations and guidelines, most viable options, relevant tools, and methods available for execution
- Good communication; written and spoken skills
- Proficiency in analyzing and solving problems related to projects
- Outstanding human relation skills evident in the ability to work with the team
- Proficiency in customer relation
- Excellence in gathering help needed in developing a working project management plan
- Strong ability to give attention to details, as well as tested organizational skills
- Strong knowledge and prowess in using modern information and communication technologies to projects
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and to be interdependent on the team
- Adherence to project specifications, as well as to the regulatory body guidelines for the project
- Ability to get along well with the senior project manager
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.