Wells Fargo Bank Teller Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post explores the job description of a Wells Fargo bank teller, including the main duties and responsibilities that characterise the role.
It also provides information on the requirements you need to meet to be hired for the bank teller role at Wells Fargo or other banks, as well as the salary expectation for the position.
What Does a Wells Fargo Bank Teller Do?
The primary responsibility of a Wells Fargo bank teller is to provide banking services to customers by taking deposits, making withdrawals, cashing checks, issuing cashier’s checks and money orders, and providing other related services.
They are responsible for maintaining safe custody of customer funds and securities.
Wells Fargo bank tellers must also maintain accurate records of all transactions involving their customers.
A bank teller handles any type of transaction with confidence and efficiency.
The Wells Fargo bank teller job description involves resolving problems promptly and accurately.
It also entails answering questions from customers and explaining complex issues clearly.
The bank tellers at Wells Fargo handle various situations that may arise during the course of business.
They accept checks and money orders as payment for goods or services.
They also issue cashier’s check and money order on behalf of their customers.
The Wells Fargo bank teller’s duties also include depositing checks received from customers into their accounts.
It also involves receiving payments made by customers and making out appropriate receipts.
The bank teller processes payroll checks and assists employees with payroll matters.
They prepare reports and statements concerning financial activities.
Wells Fargo bank tellers reconcile accounts and ensure proper record keeping.
They handle many types of transactions such as cash withdrawal, cash deposit, credit card processing, wire transfers, etc.
They work closely with other departments within the organization and must follow stringent rules and regulations set by the company
Wells Fargo Bank Teller Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Wells Fargo bank teller job description consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Provide customers with safe, courteous, and professional service
- Maintain proper records and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete all transactions correctly and efficiently
- Follow all safety rules and regulations
- Assist customers with deposits and withdrawals
- Answer phones and assist customers
- Greet customers at the door and direct them to appropriate areas within the branch
- Help customers complete forms or make copies
- Handle cash and checks appropriately
- Maintain a clean and well-maintained environment for all equipment
- Accept payments from customers
- Collect money from customers for any fees associated with their services
- Answer questions regarding banking products and services
- Provide assistance on how to use various banking products
- Make change if necessary
- Assist customers with ATM transactions
- Complete paperwork and other tasks that may need to be done by the customer
- Adhere to all laws and regulations pertaining to the position.
Wells Fargo Bank Teller Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV and have worked before in the role of a bank teller at Wells Fargo, or are presently working in that position, you can make a compelling Professional Experience section for the resume by highlighting the duties and responsibilities you have performed.
You can apply the sample Wells Fargo bank teller job description above in creating the Professional Experience part of your resume/CV.
By showing that you have been successful performing the bank teller role in your resume’s Professional Experience section can convince the recruiter/employer that you are right for the new job, especially if having some work experience as a bank teller is important for the position.
Wells Fargo Bank Teller Requirements: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
Here are important requirements you may be expected to fulfil if you are seeking the job of a bank teller with Wells Fargo or other banks:
- High School Diploma/GED (or equivalent) and not less than 18 years
- Must pass background check, drug screening, and fingerprint test
- Must have good communication skills with the strong ability to read and write in English, and communicate in Spanish
- Working hours must be flexible, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for lengthy periods of time and to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate computer systems effectively
- Ability to perform simple math calculations and type up to 40 words per minute
- Must be able to handle high amounts of noise and deal with high-pressure circumstances
- Must be able to walk throughout the entire branch
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach, and climb stairs
- Ability to withstand exposure to severe temperatures.
Wells Fargo Bank Teller Salary
The salary range for a Wells Fargo bank teller is $9.50 – $11.00 an hour. The average pay rate for a Wells Fargo bank employee in the United States is $13.70 hourly or $26,280 annually.
This post is helpful to individuals desiring to become a bank teller with the Wells Fargo Company or other banks and want to know what they do.
This post has provided detailed information on the duties and responsibilities of bank tellers working with Wells Fargo, to boost their knowledge of what they do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers in the banking industry who are seeking the best candidates to hire for the bank teller position in their companies.
They can apply the Wells Fargo bank teller job description example provided on this page in making a comprehensive description of the vacant bank teller role for their companies for use in their hiring process.