Walmart Greeter Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the Walmart greeter job description, to help you learn about the work they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Walmart greeter work description.
It also presents the major requirements that you may be expected to meet if you are seeking to work as a greeter with Walmart or other similar retailers.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the Walmart greeter career:
What Does a Walmart Greeter Do?
A Walmart greeter is responsible for interacting with customers as they arrive at the store, answering basic questions or inquiries that customers may have, and directing them to the appropriate place where they can find what goods they want, or to the appropriate associate.
The Walmart greeter job description also involves asking customers questions as they enter the store to understand where the customer should be routed to and what services should be offered.
In other words, a Walmart greeter refers to one whose job is to act as the image of the Walmart business, as his/her services is often the deciding factor that determines the satisfactory level of customers.
The greeter is responsible for providing a welcoming and an exceptional and friendly environment for each Walmart customer and informing them about current products and promotions, which will encourage their continuous patronage.
Some of the duties that may be executed by a Walmart greeter include greeting customers as they arrive, providing customers with a warm and friendly environment, and assisting customers with their questions and inquiries
One of the core tasks that are carried out by a Walmart greeter is to ensure that he/she greets all customers as they arrive, which involves providing visitors and/or customers with any information they require, and making sure that they are greeted with courtesy every time.
He/she is also saddled with the responsibility of carrying out housekeeping duties when required by ensuring cleanliness, such as keeping entrances tidy as it makes customers feel more comfortable and give a positive first impression, and also ensuring strict compliance to safety control and security policies.
It is also the duty of a Walmart greeter to promote sales and provide sales information to customers, which involves handing out sales leaflets and/or flyers and providing information to customers on deals and sales when they interact face to face.
The greeter at Walmart may also be required to manage customer queries and provide them with optimal levels of customer service wherever possible by analyzing customer requirements and assisting them to find the best solution by directing them to the appropriate personnel or department.
Individuals seeking to work at Walmart as a greeter are expected to have certain skills and qualities, including good verbal and written communication skills, good teamwork skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Others include excellent time management skills, ability to pay particular attention to detail, and administrative skills.
They are also expected to have good listening skill, patience, and good customer service skills, and good physical strength and stamina.
There is no formal educational requirement for the Walmart greeter role. However, the ideal candidate for the position is expected to possess at least a High School diploma.
Walmart Greeter Salary: The average salary for a Walmart greeter, according to Payscale, is $25,979 annually.
Walmart Greeter Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Walmart greeter job description typically entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Attending and actively participating in department staff meetings
- Welcoming customers by acting as the first point of contact and answering questions
- Providing information regarding promotions and providing them with catalog if and/or when required
- Completing paperwork, answering phones, and carrying out other administrative tasks as required
- Handing out sales leaflets and/or flyers and providing information to customers on deals and sales when they interact face to face
- Making sure that an optimal level of customer service is provided at all times
- Administering customer contracts for warranties and making sure that all orders are completed accurately
- Analyzing customers’ requirements and assisting them to the appropriate personnel or department.
Walmart greeter Job Description for Resume
If you are making a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before or are still working as a greeter at Walmart, having the professional experience section in your resume can significantly boost it.
With the professional or work experience section of your resume/CV, you will be able to effectively show that you have been successful performing the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of a greeter with Walmart.
This piece of information can significantly boost your resume and increase your chances of being invited to an interview, especially if the new job that you are applying for requires candidates to have some work experience as a greeter with Walmart or other companies.
You can quickly and easily craft an effective professional experience section for your resume or CV by applying the Walmart greeter job description example above.
Walmart Greeter Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the greeter job at Walmart or other companies, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as these enable the greeter to liaise and interact efficiently and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers
- Good teamwork skills, since he/she must work collaboratively and closely with the rest of Walmart’s employees
- Good listening skills, since the greeter must listen to and understand customer queries and help them with anything they need
- Good customer service skills are required since a key part of this job is to speak to members of the public
- Good physical strength and stamina, as the greeter may be required to stand for long hours
- Patience is also a necessity since customers may sometimes be frustrated; it is vital that the greeter remains calm, professional, and polite
- At least a High School diploma, since the Walmart greeter role does not have a formal educational requirement.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the greeter career with Walmart or other retailers.
They will be able to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the greeter job and so be able to decide if it’s the job they want to do.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire the best people for the greeter position in their companies.
They can create a detailed and effective description of the vacant greeter role in their companies for use in the hiring process by applying the sample Walmart greeter job description provided on this page.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.