This article provides detailed information on the Teksystems hiring process, to help you understand the job application, interviews, and other stages that you will be expected to successfully complete to gain employment with the Teksystems Company.
The Teksystems Hiring Process
The Teksystems recruitment process consists of the following stages:
Teksystems Job Application Process
The first place to begin when looking for jobs with Teksystems is the careers page of their site.
This option will provide you with some information about openings at the Company and a link to a downloadable application.
You can also contact their recruiters directly via email, to get more information about job openings.
Application documents include resume, cover letter, professional references, and up-to-date contact information.
Resume should be written in Microsoft Word format and avoid to use images or graphics that would take away from your qualifications as an IT professional.
Jobs at Teksystems
Teksystems employs about 80,000 staffs. Some of the positions available are:
- Systems Engineer
- System Operations
- Technical Support Analyst
- Sales Specialist
- IT Operations Analyst
Teksystems Job Assessment Test
TEKsystems recruiters make every effort to employ only qualified and friendly individuals. As a result, they rely on IKM testing to weed out inappropriate individuals.
These tests measure a candidate’s abilities to assess, solve and prioritize problems.
Tips to pass the Teksystems Assessment Tests
Here are valuable tips to help you pass the Teksystems assessment test:
- Practice makes perfect, especially when it’s about a computer-based test.
- Answer all the questions on your exam. Even if you think you knew the answer, click on every choice to be sure.
- If you get stuck, skip the question and come back to it later.
- Answer all questions with full sentences. Avoid single words or short phrases when possible.
- Don’t hit enter more than once for one answer. If you change your mind about an answer, just uncheck the checkbox.
Teksystems Interview Process
Teksystems recruiters use a 2-step interview process:
- Phone Interview
A phone interview is usually scheduled if candidates have passed the initial IKM tests.
The telephone assessment usually lasts 30 – 45 minutes, during which you will be asked to give examples of your experience, describe what you’ve done in different situations, and tell how you dealt with challenges.
2. Face-to-face Interview
The final stage of the recruitment process is a face-to-face interview at one of their offices across the globe.
This meeting usually lasts 60 minutes and recruited candidates will be asked questions similar to the ones asked during the phone interview.
Tips for Passing the Teksystems Interview
Here are some tips on how one can pass the Teksystems interview:
- Practice the most common interview questions before going for an interview.
- Don’t be late for the meeting, and avoid calling to say you’re running behind schedule. It’s better to prepare ahead of time and leave early, than to be late altogether.
- Bring along copies of your resume and any other supporting documents (certificates, awards etc.).
- Dress appropriately for the interview. No casual clothes, business suits or dress shoes are required.
- Do not have too many things in your hands when you arrive at the interview location. Your interviewer wants to see that you’re well organized and that you can keep a tidy office environment.
- Be polite and professional during the meeting, especially when presenting your resume, so they don’t have to ask questions to fill out time.
- Keep an eye on your interviewer’s face while reviewing your resume and examples of work experience.
Teksystems Interview Questions and Answers
Here are some of the interview questions you might face at Teksystems, and suggested answers:
- Why do you consider yourself suitable for this position?
Having been a systems engineer since the age of 16, I am a good fit for this position. I have great troubleshooting skills.
I can fix any type of computer virus, malware, or software problems.
2. Have you ever been suspended or reprimanded at an earlier job? Why was it necessary?
Yes, I have been suspended at an earlier job because I was not a very good team player and I didn’t get along well with other staffs.
3. What do you consider your biggest accomplishment over the last three years?
My biggest accomplishment is my past projects.
I did a lot of the project that cost a lot of money such as making my own website, installing new server, and designing business plans.
All of these projects were very good and helped my company to grow.
4. What areas of technology do you have expertise in?
I am good at network administration, security, software development, databases, and programming. These are my areas of expertise.
5. Tell me about your experience with Microsoft Excel.
I have been using Microsoft Excel since I was 16 years old in making my own spreadsheets, group data, and build reports.
Being very familiar with Excel, I could teach others how to use it.
How Long Does Teksystems Hiring Process Take?
According to Glassdoor, the recruiting process at TEKsystems takes an average of 19 days when 1,457 user-submitted interviews across all job categories.
Major Teksystems Careers and Jobs
The major careers and job positions available at Teksystems include:
- Systems Engineer
Description: Manage the delivery of the IT solutions, ranging from network to application development.
- Application Developer
Description: Create and design software applications. The person in this position must have good knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (like Java or C#), operating systems such as Microsoft Windows or Linux, and databases like MySQL or SQL Server.
- Help Desk Technician
Description: Support and troubleshoot basic to advanced IT issues.
- Analytics Architect
Description: Design and develop the data analysis programs. An analytics architect must have strong knowledge of the database technology.
- Programmer Analyst
Description: Write, edit, and debug software code for applications like a web site or an operating system.
The person in this position must have a good knowledge of languages, such as Java and C++.
What to Expect Working at Teksystems
Teksystems offers benefits like 401(k), healthcare, and a flexible work schedule.
Other benefits are tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and employee referral rewards.
What some Employees Dislike working at TEKsystems
Many employees have complained about the company’s high turnover rate.
Many employees say that the company needs to improve their salaries and benefits.
Some employees at TEKsystems dislike the lack of communication by management.
Teksystems Company Profile
TEKsystems is a market leader in IT staffing, personnel management, and services. They deploy approximately 80,000 IT specialists to 6,000 customer sites in North America, Europe, and Asia each year.
This guide helps you learn about TEKsystems hiring process so you can make an educated decision on whether or not you should consider working there.
The interview tips and questions are helpful to enable you prepare effective for an interview with Teksystems.