The call center representative interview might be tough, but if you knew the kind of questions that will be asked beforehand and prepared with them, then your chances of passing it are great.
This post provides exhaustive samples of commonly asked call center representative interview questions, with suggested answers, to help you practice your responses and build the confidence needed to wow the interviewers.
Please, continue reading:
What do Interviewers look for in Call Center Representatives?
When searching for the right candidate to hire for a call center representative position, interviewers generally look for people who are well-spoken, have a high level of enthusiasm for the position, and have an enthusiastic personality.
Interviewers also look for team players who are confident in their ability to provide excellent service.
10 Most Common Call Center Representative Interview Questions and Answers?
Here are samples of some of the most asked interview questions for the call center representative position (with suggested answers):
- Name one of your key skills.
My key skills are time management, organization, and customer service.
2. What are your greatest professional strengths?
My greatest professional strengths are my ability to work in a team environment, prioritize tasks effectively, and to stay calm under pressure.
3. Where do you picture yourself professionally in the next five years?
I see myself working for the company delivering excellent customer service. I’m very interested in learning more about this company and increasing my knowledge base so I can move up within the company.
4. What interests you about this position?
I’m very interested in working for a dynamic, customer-focused organization.
5. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
I’ve been doing extremely well as a Customer Service Representative, which shows that I have the right mix of knowledge, skills and abilities to be a great fit.
6. Why should we hire you?
I’d love to be on your team because I know I will add value to it. I’m a hard worker who is passionate about customer service and making sure every customer leaves happy.
7. What would you do if a customer was unhappy with the service they’ve received?
I would make sure I address the customer’s concerns immediately and strive to solve their problem as quickly as possible.
8. What are your greatest weaknesses?
My greatest weakness is that I tend to be a perfectionist which sometimes makes me reluctant to move on from tasks that aren’t perfect. It’s something I’m working on.
9. Describe your ideal boss.
My ideal boss would be someone who is fair and understanding who I can talk to easily about any concerns or questions that I might have. He/she needs to set achievable goals and track progress against those goals.
10. Would you consider yourself a team player?
Yes, I consider myself a very good team player. I enjoy collaborating with my co-workers to achieve professional and personal goals.
More Sample Interview Questions for Call Center Representative
Here are additional samples of call center representative interview questions you can use to prepare effectively for the actual interview:
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- Tell me about a time you were in a difficult situation.
- Give an example of when your boss asked you to do something that made you uncomfortable.
- Where have you been the least successful in your career? Why?
- What was one important goal that you set for yourself, and tell me about how successful you were in achieving it.
- How would your supervisor describe the quality of your work?
Sample Case Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- What is the biggest problem you’ve faced in your role?
- What are some of the changes that were made as a result?
- How do you think this change will affect customer satisfaction?
- Why did this happen and what could be done to avoid it (again)?
- Do you use anything like Google alerts or other monitoring tools for maintaining call center performance metrics? If so, what exactly do they monitor on an hourly basis?
Sample Competency Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- Walk me through your understanding of the company’s mission?
- Have you ever faced a challenge in your current position? How did you overcome this challenge?
- What do you know about the company culture?
- Do you work well with others or in a team setting? Can you describe an example of when you have worked in a team?
- Are there any games which you enjoy playing on mobile devices, such as Angry Birds or Candy Crush?
Sample Problem-solving Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
1. Why are you considering this job?
2. What is your biggest strength?
3. What is your biggest weakness?
4. How would your past work experience help you do this job?
5. What are your thoughts on customer service standards in the company’s call center?
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- Tell me about your favorite customer service experience.
- What types of customers get on your nerves the most?
- Have you ever been confrontational with a customer? Why?
- How do you handle difficult situations when they arise with a customer over the phone?
- When was the last time you spoke with someone from our company? And what did they say to make an impact on you as a representative for our company?
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- How will you handle an irate customer?
- What is your favorite type of call to take in a call center environment?
- What’s the most difficult situation you’ve ever encountered at work and how did you deal with it?
- Have you ever been asked to do something unethical at work or for a client and how did it go?
- Describe a time when your responsibility at work was unclear. What steps did you take to resolve the conflict and clarify the
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- How would you greet an angry customer on the phone?
- What do call center representatives need to know about customers over the phone?
- Describe your experience in getting along with people from all backgrounds.
- What are the best guiding principles for conducting good business over the phone?
- What can you tell us about your interpersonal skills?
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Call Center Representatives
- What do you have to say about the company culture here?
- What is your favorite part of our company culture?
- How does your typical day at work run like?
- Do we have any core values that stand out to you in particular?
5. What do you think makes us different from other call centers like X or Y Company (replace with names)?
Call Center Representative Interview Success Tips
Here are valuable tips you can use to adequately prepare for a call center representative interview and come out successful:
- Research the company in advance and learn about its products, service offerings, and culture.
- Ask the person (s) who scheduled your interview what they would like to learn about you. You can also ask them what questions they might be asked in your interview.
- Speak clearly when answering interview questions. Ensure that your replies are concise and well thought-out.
- Dress professionally and remember to bring copies of your resume, references if requested, and any other relevant documents.
Be prepared to explain why you’re interested in the position of a call center representative at the company and what type of work interests you, as well as any training or education that might be needed for success in the position.
The interview questions for the call center representative position shown on this page are helpful to any job seeker looking to secure an interview for the call center representative role.
By knowing what type of questions interviewers may be asked, you can prepare your responses and show the interviewers that you are well-prepared.
It’s imperative to know what you’re going into before heading in, so make sure you do some research on the company or organization interviewing first!